Guide me ( New Grower )

Had cuttings from @JohnnyPotseed going when I was sidelined, lost them, but being resupplied before the Winter really takes hold. “Imposed Break” was more like it. Mandatory Rest or risk taking that “long black train ride”. I decided I don’t like trains…lol. I’m babysitting 6 plants for a friend who didn’t have indoor space and didn’t want the recent Hurricane to induce Bud Rot. I have them in my Garage’s Basement under LED Lights running 12/12. They’ll probably run until Nov. It’ll give me something to do, relieving the restlessness of having nothing to grow, plus gives me an excuse to get outta the house. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Growing in coco is the easiest way to do it. Especially as a new grower. Put them In enough coco, feed them once per day to some runoff, have a ph pen, and that’s about it. If you mess up (over feed, wrong ph, and so on) you can just flush out the coco and reset. If you start a journal people, or someone, on here will walk you through the whole grow. Best of luck!

Edit: Windowsill/porch growing is a crapshoot. Get yourself a light and a closet or something.

1 Like

I grow in coco and am curious, what problems did you run I to to go through so many seeds?

1 Like

how would i know…they just dont survive…i could take 1 plant to maximum of 20-25 days…but then a crow uprooted that…:cry:

after that…i could reach there

1 Like

https://amzn.eu/d/1bI8QQ2

so i was thinking to buy this and start from 0

1 Like

I’d take a step back and find out why my seeds are failing. Your issue can’t be coco, your issue is something you’re doing wrong, changing from coco to soil won’t fix whatever it’s you’re doing wrong. You’re not going to be successful with them outside at this time of the year also, you may end up creating unnecessary risks in terms of stealth which I assume you’d need in India.

If you can spend money, spend it on an affordable grow tent and some lights (either a grow light or multiple consumer grade LED bulbs if that’s what the budget allows) but spend the money on bringing them inside, not on changing from coco to soil. If for some reason you absolutely need to use the balcony as the grow space, I’d look into growers who combine natural light with artificial lighting in greenhouses and maybe try to replicate that in the balcony. It shouldn’t be too, too hard to build a square meter green house to control your light schedule or cover them with a tarp when needed, as well as keeping temps and humidity in check.

2 Likes

It did for me. After one run, two strains with the stuff and I have thrown it all out to get back to soil.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

so i have decided to grow them inside…sharing a link…please tell if this is the correct budget setup i should go with…

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.in/Fluortronix-20W-Grow-Bulbs-Holder/dp/B09235ZYPR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=Fluortronix&qid=1695182669&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1#

2 Likes

hello sir…
@DougDawson
@misterbee

so i have finally moved inside with a stealth grow setup…its a space bucket…and i have planted a seed…so its officially a day 1

6 Likes

i ll post some pictures soon

2 Likes

first Seed did not germinate well so it was a failure again…

planted new seed 4 days back…

so here is the update…

Ak47 Auto

Space bucket grow

Day 4

2 Likes

Day 24 looks good

IMG_20231112_072810_886

i think i have finally crossed the difficult stage…
fingers crossed

5 Likes

It’s too wet. Cannabis wants 1/2 the water of a tomato plant

2 Likes

the photo i clicked was just after i gave water…now its completely fine…its day 25 today

2 Likes

Humidity is too low

You’re doing well, if you want you can start topdressing with some grass, nettle, dandelion, tree leaves, mint tea pulp, …

2 Likes

how can you say this…let me send you very recent pictures

Day 25 Ak47 Auto…space bucket grow.

8 Likes

Coming along nicely. I’d up the moisture level just a little bit.

3 Likes