Hazeman Seeds review

I was curious about the La pure kush. Do you happen to remember any details about it? Appreciate any info.

1 Like

@Emeraldgreen Yeah, sure. It was an easy grower, topped once and got very bushy, lots of stems reached up to even things out. Lots of dense little golf balls, kushy marshmallow lime smell in flower that I mostly lost in dry and cure, but thatā€™s probably on me since it was my first time. Just a mellow Afghani, not narcotic but a little sleepy and very chill/feel-good high. Good yielder, really productive for dry sift. Kind of a proto-OG structure almost.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Thank you :pray: sounds like I should pick some up. Iā€™ll be heading over to the strainaholics thread anytime now

2 Likes

This are my White Tigers finishing up right now on Day 69 from flip, in 7g smartpots:

11 Likes

Anyone grown out Headchez? How was the smell and buzzzzzz

2 Likes

Interested in the Sour Grapes offering from Hazeman and Iā€™m seeing two different options: version #1 and version #2. Any insight on the differences between the two? Also interested in the Elephant Stomper, is that something worth adding to a seed collection? Appreciate the discussion here. Much love

5 Likes

This is my my Hazeman blue stilton starting to finsh up. This particular pheno i do believe is something special. All the other ones i popped i wasnt too inpressed with. Defiantly cheese leaners, but this girl reeeeeeks like absolute blueberry funnnk. I botched this grow big time by trying to grow in soil in 3 gallon pots. I think with this plant dialed in is a treasure. Pics dont do her justice.

9 Likes

Wonder where he got the 88g13hp from?
Those are strictly given out as not for selling only freebies.
Make a hack and sell thatā€¦why I have trust issues.

Thanks for reminding me he has those I want to order two more packs.

1 Like

This one has been beaten to death, and I gotta say I think that heā€™s gotten too much flak for it. That deal with NDNguy was through Mota, as far as I know, and when Mota passed the genetics to Hazeman, he respected it for years, distributing what seems to be thousands of freebies of the pure 88G13HP. Where do we see everyone whoā€™s reproducing it today getting their stock? Hazeman. After a certain amount of time and packs I canā€™t fault the guy for starting to sell it, and at $40/pack that doesnā€™t seem like extortion. I love Bodhi and all, but he makes bank off of that mom and hasnā€™t ever given it away for free as far as I know (and Iā€™d love to be wrong!). As far as I can tell, Hazeman is the reason we all have access to the uncrossed NDNguy line so IDK man. I know this is personal for you, having been involved with the breeding process, but in the absence of Hazeman how were the rest of us going to get these genetics and keep them in circulation and for the future? Like, for example, I have two packs of 88G13HP in my fridge, theyā€™re going to get grown pure and probably reproduced and handed out for free, or offered back for the next seed increase or preservation. They were given to me by a member here who did an OP with a few Hazeman packs and distributed them freely.

19 Likes

Making more and freely sharing was the whole point.
Zero issue with that no issues with selling crosses.
Got a stellar cut of it and wanna sell have at it.
I donā€™t think making money is bad.
Those particular seeds came to me with that string attached and I only got involved because of said stringā€¦one love and all that good stuff.
I am definitely emotionally invested in that philosophyā€¦one love and love saves.
Finally if you want some just ask.
I have several life times worth.

17 Likes

I respect your history with this plant and the intentions youā€™ve kept with it, I do think ultimately it is right and proper to keep preserving and spreading the line for free as was asked. I realized that I was maybe sounding like I was completely defending Hazeman here, and Iā€™m not. I think ideally it would have been great if he never sold them, while also being thankful that they got out there with those freebies as well as the sale packs. I guess the way I look at it is that if youā€™re involved at all in online forum communities, or even an active local grow community, these 88G13HP genetics are available freely, as they should be. For the folks who donā€™t know any better, they can get some seeds on the market until they find out, which seems better to me than leaving them in the dark.

I agree that there should be no objections to crosses or even selected cuts being sold, I think what this has made me realize is that while thatā€™s good and fine, it makes me really wonder about Bodhi and the way heā€™s held that one so tightly (not his Dads but the seedline) while working it so heavily in the market. I guess I feel like if he can take it and make it a backbone of his breeding room without giving away any preservation seeds, Hazeman can go ahead and give away seeds for years then eventually sell it. This is all opinions from someone too young and new to growing to have been there or involved at the time, so I get that Iā€™m probably missing some things to the story, but in the end Iā€™m glad we have this plant still around.

And yeah! Iā€™d love to try some of your accession of the line that youā€™ve been keeping, Iā€™m always fascinated to see how two separately maintained lines of the same plant end up manifesting in different hands. Iā€™ll send you a PM later on today.

10 Likes

I wanted to ask if this was open to anyone who is interested.

4 Likes

Absolutely.

3 Likes

Are you looking for anything yourself?

3 Likes

I am not as I have too many as is and keep making more.

3 Likes

Iā€™ma huge Hazeman fan! Have the elephant stomper going now. I love this strain. One of the best strains Iā€™ve ever grown, it was very popular. The difference in the sour grapes is the two different phenos of the original JoJos sour grapes, structurally the two plants are different, some minor bud differences but Iā€™ve only done each of those once. I prefer the grape Stomper x sour grapes f3. Much more stable if youā€™re wanting a grape variety. DC Seed Exchange sells them, I bought them all out a while ago but I think they have more in stock. Also you asked about if theyā€™re tested, I donā€™t really know the answer to that but my first Hazeman seeds strain was elephant stomper roughly 10 years ago and the menu has stayed pretty consistent since so at the very least most of the lines are pretty stable.

8 Likes

Would I be able to get some from you?

2 Likes

Surely just shoot me a pm and Iā€™ll get some out.

3 Likes