I found a pdf that covers how legal growers kill pests

sure it is. like agent orange, ddt, asbestos, etc…

Bugs & PM are easy to handle in veg.
It gets tricky in flower, but there are still a few things that can help you limp over the finish line…

Looking like that one is at least partially genetic based on recent research, but there’s still the possibility of an environmental trigger as well:

“Conclusions:
Five mutations with plausible etiological roles in the phenomenology of CHS symptoms and signs have been identified with statistical significance from a small dataset. Pending corroboration from future testing in CHS patients, this constellation of genetic susceptibilities may represent a valid diagnostic battery for diagnosis of the syndrome that would identify at-risk individuals and provide an alternative to more expensive invasive testing in this previous diagnosis of exclusion. CHS can contemporaneously be conceived of, not as a “functional” GI disorder, but rather as a manifestation of gene–environment interaction in a rare genetic disease19unmasked by a toxic reaction to excessive THC exposure.”

2 Likes

The dispensary that I work for uses Pyrethrum up until week 4 of flower

2 Likes

Despite the paper, I really don’t think it’s genetic… Talking people that have been smoking for decades and then all of a sudden dispensary herb causes an allergic reaction and vomiting and whatnot…

Then, just as a random example, @sodapop here saying they were spraying pyrethrins at week 4… Cali allowing azadirachtin on the flowers… etc… not too hard to connect the dots…

3 Likes

I also fully think that our growers at the grow (outside of our lead) may not understand that it’s a bad practice? I’m sure they use organically derived pyrethrum but I’m not sure how it affects the end product because you know I’m not buying from my job. Many of them don’t grow at home because of our companies “non-compete” clause and it could put their literal jobs in jeopardy. So, all of their knowledge is being taught to them by our lead who uses whatever the company and state allow them to.

2 Likes

Oh I believe there’s an environmental factor too, whether Aza or pyrethins or whatever, I’ve had CHS myself when I was heavy into the game back in the day and doing lots of black market cartridges and dabs along with flower all day. I might have the genetic markers, some of those comorbidities in the paper are familiar to me, including the migraines relieved by heat. It’s a pretty weird experience I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, the CHS thing is fucking terrible whatever it is. I had a gallbladder attack around the same period as well, probably related mostly to my drinking at the time, but there’s some evidence that Aza leads to gallbladder dysfunction and even cancer from what I’ve read.

1 Like