Lake of stars day 21

Go Winnipeg!! Hey, they got last year’s Gray Cup :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

They actually hold 1.5 gallons if you fill them to the top. Which I do not do. I never realized how small of a pot I grow in…lol

1 Like

:trophy::football: took us long enough…lol

1 Like

You want long?!
When was the last time the Toronto Make Beliefs nailed the cup?

1967!!

On the other hand they usually get the annual first on the golf course award…
… and my relatives wounder why I like the habs…

Cheers
G

1 Like

All my plants end up in fabric pots.
What I do is I always fill the bottom of the pot with a 1/5 - 1 inch of hydroton. Then fill with soil or whatever.
Then once its thoroughly saturated as long as the run off doesn’t fill the tray past the height of the hydroton then root rot shouldn’t be a problem. As the pot drys it’ll wick up the water from the tray and when you see the tray is low then just pour more water in it. Just don’t go past the height of the hydroton. In fact you want the water level slightly lower than the hydroton. So 3/4 of an inch of standing water vs 1 inch hydroton will keep a layer of air between the standing water and the soil.
I just recently started using the Blumat and I thinks its the best solution and not too expensive.

5 Likes

I bought a few of their dripper systems…never used them…just couldn’t pass up a bargain…lol

2 Likes

That is a darned good tip!
Also helpful for boosting RH in the tent… :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Once you get the hang of them they make life a whole lot easier. I’d definitely recommend you start using them. Heads up. Order the more flexible tubing as the black tubing it comes with is way to stiff which makes it difficult to position

2 Likes

That’s classic! Yeah, I switched to 1 gallons but Im STRONGLY considering switching back to the 2.2’s! I had NO IDEA that I’d hafta water CONSTANTLY, hehehe! Im still basically a NOOBY!

1 Like

I’ve been using these almost 20 years. Work good for me…haha

1 Like

VERY COOL CROSS WITH A GREAT BACK STORY…HOPE THE GENETICS HOLD UP!:slight_smile:

Screenshot_2020-09-13 BLUE CRAB - Google Search

THE LINT IS EXTRA…BB X PKM WILL GO TO FLOWER IN 30 DAYS FROM TODAY…THEN MONTHS!

Screenshot_2020-09-13 Overgrow com

i TOTALLY BELIEVE IN NUMBERS AND SHIT LIKE THAT…

3 Likes

day 1 for lake of the stars…2 seeds per cup later i’ll finish them in one gallons…of course! Seeds are random…it’ll be obvious thou and some of @tappy misfits in the front.

Hope you enjoy…

thats me…

2 Likes

checked on them today…misted a little with O2 water noticed fungus gnats…trying to control them with O2 and worm castings…may resort to more extreme measures!!!

any suggestions??
Screenshot_2020-09-14 Overgrow com

OMG @tappy this is gonna be a wicked cross…you did a stellar job bro…AMAZING!!!

IF I WERE YOU ID START A COMPANY CALL IT TAPPYS MISFITS…YOU NEED THE CASH!!! HOLY BRO…THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH…BLUE BOMBER BABIES COMING UP!!!

Screenshot_2020-09-15 LAKE OF STARS - Google Search

3 Likes

2 Likes

couple of the stars

group shot…

the runtz only 2 seeds than didn’t come up out of all the seeds…so total germ rates were out of 16 2 didn’t make it…things are looking good!

5 Likes

Hey @bandit306.
Good to see ya, Brother! :+1: :sunglasses:

Your beans are looking happy.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Looks like an interesting solution, thanks for sharing, don’t the fabric pot ends with some mould or fungus being in permanent contact with water and light? I use them but wouldn’t water until runoff for that reason, cheers … :sunglasses:

I water from the bottom rather than the top…in a one gallon fabric doing it that way with the air pruning you can grow a very large plant…the fabric pot MUST have a tray of some sort…do your best to have no standing water and if the mix in the pot is right for retention…couple 3 days between watering…depending on mix of course.

Test and tune…thanks for stopping much respect!

1 Like

thanks pal…excited waiting for signs of sex. The germ rates were outstanding…i over watered rookie mistake i changed mix ended up with fungus gnats…fuck!

H202 works and works great…let everything dry out and hit it with H202 till things straighten out…worked great! Under control…plus i have this HUGE spider in my room eating them…serious! He’s as big as your thumb nail and thick…shivers writing about it! If she put the run on you…I’d run! no jokes…
She gets to live…in peace!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but last time I transplanted a 1 gal plant to 3 I didn’t see any root at the bottom, and the plant had enough size to have them:

that’s why I thought the hydroton would be a good idea if roots reached them before being pruned. Here where I live there’s a lot of humidity and I have already seen some green outside my fabric pots. I read somewhere they provoque more humidity than the plastic ones, so having remnant water in my trays doesn’t look like a good idea (in my case) and it would attract bugs.

Sorry for the offtopic in your thread, your plants look great … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes