LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 šŸ’

Salicylic acid is acne medicationā€¦

But i donā€™t knowā€¦ never got in depth to the chemical aspect of growing

2 Likes

Salicylic acid is a rooting hormone. Yes itā€™s the medicinal part of aspirin lol. You can harvest it from fresh willow tree shoots.

would you like to know more?

5 Likes

Haha love your pictureā€¦ actually been reading on it since I posted and then edited and then read read read lol

2 Likes

And then there were 3
So there is still one on the fence but 3 for sure females in the big tent. The leaves are starting to flatten out and look better and Iā€™m going to be putting co2 jars in with them as wellā€¦ (did a birdseed run yesterday)

Everything is going good since they got the extra space and depending on height, Sunday may be transplant and flip day

8 Likes

Mid Week Update:

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Current age: 33 Days. (21MAR2018)
Nutes and Amount Used: 18.5g megacrop, 1.8ml drip clean, 5 gallon batch. 1.2EC 600ish ppm. They got approx 32oz of water per plant.
PH: 5.6
Temp and RH: 76F and 45%
Notes This is post trim recovery, they have really bounced back.
I also moved my cab away from the window, and temps inside have improved by 5 degrees inside. Lights are still at 200w.

Money Shot(s):

Overall, looking MUCH better.

Edit: Pure speculation, but pretty sure all but GM4 are female. GM4 is shy, canā€™t tell yet. 5/6 and all the ladies are coming to the party.

10 Likes

Keeping with the spirit of posting good things from the Unofficial Discord Server

What does everyone think? do we all wanna flip around the same time? I can always do some bondage and cutting on mine if they get too big.

@G-paS @Roux @ReikoX @toastyjakes

4 Likes

Well Iā€™m making my homade co2 jug tomorrow so I can hold off

2 Likes

Just wanted to know if we all wanted to finish together since we started togetherā€¦ thought itā€™d be pretty awesome

3 Likes

Random seedling in the first pic?

2 Likes

Get a roomā€¦lolšŸ˜‰.just kidding

4 Likes

No something I picked up in a couple pots after the worm castings were mixed in

1 Like

Final count for me by sight is 4 femalesā€¦ ā€œon the fenceā€ just showed me her girly parts

3 Likes

I donā€™t have a schedule for the monkies, but they are getting close to flip time here as well. Iā€™m really just waiting for alternating branches to show me the plant is mature enough to flip. They are responding really well to the low stress training. Iā€™ll be cleaning out my cloner and taking the two bottom branches of each one this weekend. They got another neem/kelp tea, just like the rest of my garden.

3 Likes

They are looking much happier. Their color has normalized.

I would like to point outā€¦they are EXTREMELY sensitive to ozone (O3). Even a little bit eats at the leavesā€¦Iā€™m having trouble finding a happy medium but may discontinue the use of ozone and go with a carbon scrubber

7 Likes

Transplant/Final Potting Update
The 4 monkeys I have left are all in their final 5gal fabrics. The roots werenā€™t as fantastic and to the outside of the pots as I would have hoped but they were deep into the bottomā€¦
Before:

After:

All watered after transplant with 1/2g MegaCrop at 4.5g/gallon with added calmag+ at 5ml/gallon
Then hit with the second neem spray and got the new potted soil as well as added precaution
Lonely malesā€¦ no ladies for them:

9 Likes

Ozone is deadly to all plants and most other living creatures. Itā€™s fine to inject in to a duct system but just having it float in the air is seriously dangerous.

7 Likes

I agree, if not properly monitored ozone is very hazardous. I run at 0.08ppm O3 (safe for human exposure for 8 hours) and does not seem to bother my other plants, however the monkeys are sensitive, I had it down to 0.04 ppm which is not enough O3 to cancel the smell of flowering plants.

I am going to be doing away with the ozone gen and build a carbon scrubber. I would like a safer and more accessible environment in the long run.

7 Likes

added a ā€œco2 canisterā€ to my tent with the monkeys to see how it does themā€¦ tube runs from the 1.5l bottle (1tbs active yeast,3/4c sugar, and half full of warm water) into the second bottle (half filled water, one tube all the way to the bottom and a separate tube half inch inserted to the other side) longer piece out of water runs up to fan which distributes lol

8 Likes

So this happened. I tied it up so it wouldnā€™t spit farther. Will be applying heavy amounts of LITFA.

GM#6

8 Likes

Ouch! Yes, intensive LITFA is required. I suspect it will be fine. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes