Hello guys! Weekly Update time. Today is day 13 in flower. (13F)
Today's Subject: Training.
I let them get thirsty so they were easier to work with. I will explain what I did with pictorials. I cut the garden wire end at an angle with the cutters and strip the green plastic covering off the last finger width, so there is a sharp point to poke through the fabric pots.
Here you see the girls a lil thirsty. By letting them get droopy, the stems are more pliable and less likely to break because they aren't as filled with water (I think) (The GM2 more so than the GM5, this is ok, as I had more to do on the GM2)
The tallest shoot on the GM2 got crushed and bent. I worked the stem back and forth between forefinger and thumb to weaken the structure, then bent it over and used garden wire to secure it to the fabric pot.
This Picture shows GM2's new height, and training complete. I let the arms hang out, as soon as they absorb the water, they will "right" themselves more straight up. This will give me more training to do, and I can selectively prune the lower sites I don't want the plant to focus putting energy into.
For GM5 I did no crushing/bending/supercropping. I just tied the branches down so they would spread out some and allow more of the lowers to get more light. This also is the overall view of the monkeys now, I gained quite a bit of clearance for 10 minutes of work. I just watered them with the last of the weeks rez, and will b e bumping up the PPM now.
I will post an updated photo once they drink and get perky again (shouldn't be more than a couple of hours from now, I love weeds ability to recover)
Edit: @oleskool830 No plants were harmed in the making of this pictorial.