LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

The Dimgogo was full Spectrum
VIPARSPECTRA has a flower and veg button. I don’t want a repeat of my WW messing with lights. Should I turn on both to be like the Dimgogo, full spectrum or just the flower spectrum.
This came today;

The edges of the GM are turning up

4 Likes

I would say both, and if you are getting a little leaf curl maybe bring the lights up a little.

I would think when the flower button is not on that you are in vegetation mode.

@OG1969 is this the light you have for vegging? Can you add anything?

6 Likes

I was running three of their lights in veg the 2 x 300w 136 actual watts no switch and the 450w 236 actual watts and I ran it both switches on in veg and flower with no adverse effects. Was trying to stay with a full spectrum through out the growth porocess.
Peace OG

And yes raise the light a little higher the GrassFire OG was doing that raise the light and no more curl o on the edges.

7 Likes

Thank You that is what I guessed. The GM are the shortest and they are the ones doing it.

1 Like

Hello guys! Weekly Update time. Today is day 13 in flower. (13F)

Today’s Subject: Training.

I let them get thirsty so they were easier to work with. I will explain what I did with pictorials. I cut the garden wire end at an angle with the cutters and strip the green plastic covering off the last finger width, so there is a sharp point to poke through the fabric pots.

Here you see the girls a lil thirsty. By letting them get droopy, the stems are more pliable and less likely to break because they aren’t as filled with water (I think) (The GM2 more so than the GM5, this is ok, as I had more to do on the GM2)

The tallest shoot on the GM2 got crushed and bent. I worked the stem back and forth between forefinger and thumb to weaken the structure, then bent it over and used garden wire to secure it to the fabric pot.

This Picture shows GM2’s new height, and training complete. I let the arms hang out, as soon as they absorb the water, they will “right” themselves more straight up. This will give me more training to do, and I can selectively prune the lower sites I don’t want the plant to focus putting energy into.

For GM5 I did no crushing/bending/supercropping. I just tied the branches down so they would spread out some and allow more of the lowers to get more light. This also is the overall view of the monkeys now, I gained quite a bit of clearance for 10 minutes of work. I just watered them with the last of the weeks rez, and will b e bumping up the PPM now.

I will post an updated photo once they drink and get perky again :slight_smile: (shouldn’t be more than a couple of hours from now, I love weeds ability to recover)

Edit: @oleskool830 No plants were harmed in the making of this pictorial.

Jelly

6 Likes

There ability to heal/recover so quickly, sometimes within a few hours, still amazes me. Especially outside when the plant has to time to heal on it’s own without help. Things are coming along nicely @Jellypowered. Can’t wait to see the pics after recovery.

4 Likes

I can feel their pain from here @Jellypowered teehee. Why are you angry at that plant! LITFA! LITFA! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Gorgeous, healthy young’uns @toastyjakes. Good growin’ man. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Nice job, you don’t have to wait quite so long for them to droop. Just train before a normal watering time. They will bounce back quick enough.

Also, this stuff rocks for fabric pots.

6 Likes

This was yesterday about 9pm ish? They bounced back quickly.

7 Likes

I hope mine stop stretching soon, I’m running out of velcro! I’ll try and snap a pic tonight when lights are on. Note to self, 5-gallons is a bit big for the 30" height.

7 Likes

LMAO, ya think? I think I would start around a gallon and work my way up.

9 Likes

Well bigger is better right? I guess I should have gone 3-gallon but I wanted to crush this grow! Only 10 days of 12/12? Hope they stop soon. :scream:

5 Likes

8 days in flower
Starting to get a little taller… not much outward stretch yet though…

10 Likes

Thanks for the tip @ReikoX - ordered a pack just now. I’m gonna give it a try for the LST I’m planning on my grow.

5 Likes

These monkeys are going bananas! I think these kinky girls just like the bondage. They are only about 10 days into flowering and quickly outgrowing the space.

Better? I sure hope so, I’m out of velcro. 5-gallon pots are definitely big for the height I have. I’m about ready to turn the lights up a bit more. Right now I have them at about 150-watts total. I want to bump this up to 250-watts slowly, so I don’t burn the plants.

15 Likes

I need advise (again)
I flipped the GM last week.

I got the larger 900W VIPARSPECTRA and I had the GM raised to the height of the shorter Hurk

Some said heat so I put them back on the floor so shorter than the rest.
Now they look like this

7 Likes

No worries. They will bounce back but it looks like the RH may have been too high and water formed on the leaves and caused some burn spots.

Always best to post picture in normal light so we can see easier.

What is your humidity level?

4 Likes

I was having trouble keeping RH over 35%. I now have a whole house humidifier out side the tents and the little ones inside. It gets to 60% than drops to 35%. I have two meters in each tents and they never read the same.

7 Likes

A beautiful shot for an Iphone pic. Loving the looks of the monkey girls already :slight_smile: Day 16F

10 Likes