LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

here she is! day 41… shes gotten a little bigger flower size and pistils are starting to turn… got some lower leaf loss but running 6.5g/gal of megacrop with 4ml calmag added so chock it up to autumning…

also… waiting in the wings for the new light to go in the tent…

7 Likes

it’s not so much a hard deadline, I just wasn’t going to be able to start any new plants but I think i’ve got a way figured out around that :smiley:

With the intensity of my light, I feel confident in saying I can match the finish time of Led_Seedz recommendations. The pistils are starting to turn all over, even on the lowers, the girls are finishing up.

Do yours smell AFTER harvest? Right now mine don’t smell like much of anything, not complaining because when I handle them they smell great, I think my temps have something to do with this phenomenon tbh, steady between 68-72F

Either way, i’m blown away by the frost on these monkeys. Hope the smoke report is every bit amazing as the journey growing them has been :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes both in flower and dried they have a very specific “smell” hard to nail down since I don’t have a great nose but it is not super loud but def got some funk to them…sorta a soft, berry sweet with a dank earthy smell…just smells like good weed to me.

Bet @LED_Seedz could nail it down solid since he has a much better pallet than I do.

5 Likes

I suffer greatly from allergies especially during spring (even though we’ve seemed to have skipped spring all together) and can’t smell ANYTHING right now… wifey tells me they smell good but she couldn’t describe it either. When we got back from our weekend in Texas, I caught a hint of the dank berry funk for sure, but then the allergies said “ha, NOPE”

Thanks for the description, I look forward to curing these out and enjoying them :smiley:

6 Likes

I think that’s a pretty good description of what I smell right now. They are subtle in smell, I only notice after I handle them. It’s myrcene dominant, smells like weed, but also has some slight sweet notes as well as some smokey notes, which is new to me. I noticed after handling the monkeys that my fingers smell like I just finished a joint.

8 Likes

Yep, the one thing that does work in overdrive is my nose. That is what I was thinking Sweet fruity Totally different than the other two strains I had. That is until I started spraying. Loved the smell.

4 Likes

Grass Monkey by LED Seedz at 43 days. Things are looking great, getting a bit of fade on the back right one already. It is also developing a lemon and grease smell to it. Over all they are starting to get more sweet notes and less veggie smelling.

Here is one of the bigger colas with a lighter for reference.

One of the smaller side branches, still looking nice but not as frosty as the buds under the lights.

Here is a shot under the canopy. I think I need way more velcro. This is starting to thin out as the plants cannibalize the older leaves. I let the plant consume most of the leaves, but try to remove them once they shrivel up.

17 Likes

I hope i grow some plants almost as good as that soon @ReikoX…looks great…very great

5 Likes

day 49f - 1week left
I’m disappointed in myself with my lighting but I started with 6 so I could do two runs and I have 6 more ready to go in next week under the new light

Next Up in 7 days! same time, same place!!

gotta give mega props to the genetics fighting through all the stress I’ve put it through and still being amazing! @LED_Seedz not gonna let you down with it again starting today! haha

4 Likes

Looks like you’ve got longer than a week with that one

4 Likes

Lol oh yea…
7 days being 56day

1 Like

I’d put it in with the other monkies for a week or two and see if she’ll fill in more.

3 Likes

Same here @toastyjakes. At least @LED_Seedz has seen what real world dummy newbies like me can do and they still survive, sorta.
To hot/not humid enough to too humid/cold, too close to light, not good enough light, The Borg and being sprayed evey 3 days.

4 Likes

updated with new light… probably gonna give her another 2 weeks

5 Likes

LEDSeedz are like a Timex watch.
:wink:

10 Likes

How the new light fit in the tent? I was hoping that the dimensions of the fixture and you tent messed well enough it shouldn’t drop off a lot at the edges.

2 Likes

fits perfectly actually…hella bright…
next few days should get interesting haha

2 Likes

It’s only 1 day early and the trichomes are where I want them. Plus, I’m going to be gone when they were supposed to get chopped (Tomorrow, monday the 21st) so I didn’t see the harm in one day.

GM2

GM5

Closeup

Hanging (only GM5 pictured)

Amazing smell after handling them, almost like fruit loops.

23 Likes

They look very tasty. Nice harvest.

5 Likes

Looks very proper, nice work…good test!!

5 Likes