Looking for Blueberry. What are your fav Blueberry smokes?

Thought you may want to see a couple J.O.T.I Pure Blueberry done outside right now.
I ran some selected regulars at first of course ran the seeds from those regulars then I
took clones gave my friend those clones and he gave them to his friend in the country and they worked out a deal were the guy who grows it gets the main tops and my friend gets the rest.
It is what they did last year with seeds I made and they did well. They are slaying it again this year.
I mean I am a little jealous they do way better than me and my not enough hours of direct sunlight property. They did hook me up with a nice jar last year.
Anyways J.O.T…I ,B.B.M -REG(2)

7 Likes

Woah that’s some of the huge plants from outdoor!
How’s her flavor though? Was it strong artificial blueberry type? or fresh fruitiness?

2 Likes

Those outdoors are still in the ground, time will tell. Indoors they were definitely and specifically blueberry muffin smell while others are that with some skunky tones.
I have some outside kept much much smaller therefore moving along further into budding and the outdoors bud they are making are just as about as nice as I saw indoors.
For me, this strain is a very light feeder, very.

2 Likes

Blueberry muffin sounds like some of the tasty stuff!!

Many advise to feed light on Blueberries though does the flavor mute a lot when it is heavenly fed?

Im always looking for the '93 Buffalo/Albany cut.
Thats what got me into loving cannabis.

I have two lines that are straight up BB
BB Muffin and African BB
I made them using 4 of DJ’s BB lines.

Also, my buddy has the first BB cut, called Mr Blues. He goes by GoldenTree on the forums. He’s more active on FB.

6 Likes

I would like to throw BlueDigiBerry from Verdant Green into the mix. There are seeds on the bay right now. They have a good high with sweet berry jam smell and a sweet berry taste some some hash tones. Of all the Blueberry and Blueberry crosses ive grown this is one of the best :heart:

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

Yeah - I snagged 2 packs of the f3s as my old pack of F2s didn’t germ (user error mostly). Followed that project for awhile, it definitely seems to hold some old BB magic… I hope to get to them soon.

3 Likes

Yeah ive grown the F2s and I would go and sniff the yars all the time. The smell is amazing!

2 Likes

Good to hear! Did the taste carry over well? I had a really nice blueberry… smelled incredible, just didnt translate to flavor well.

2 Likes

Well, the smell is like store bought Blueberry jam or Blueberry syrup, very berry and you can taste the berry. No doubt. But the sweetness is overpowering the berry taste and with the hash tones playing around aswell.

Tbh, i havent tried alot of Blueberry strains just because they have always been a bust IMO. Ive smoked Shiskaberry, grown some freebies from different vendors, also tried Blueberry muffin which IMO was not as good as Shiska… Might get some HATE for that one :rofl:
Tbh its def up there with Shiska and Bluesatellite.
Which are both legendary.

I might go into a bit of a rant here, but DJ Short is a oddball and while Blueberry became successful. His breeding practices was not based on anything. So his blueberry was inbred when they all got released out into the public. Which shows in different crosses where Blueberry seems to be a fantastic breeder. So the best Blueberry expressions are not found in old BB seeds, or new ones for that matter. They are found in old outcrosses. Where the line wasnt totally bottlenecked and the terp production wasnt gone.

9 Likes

I don’t get the lust for the plant. It’s high is barely negligible. Yes it’s smell is beautiful… well the candy grape that’s up front is nice. But the musty smell that down below leaves something to be desired. I should have said the sage-iness /rag weed smell that’s coming from it… that the horrible taste the plant has. I don’t know what I was expecting since every time I had anything blueberry related, it failed to give me a high.
If they weren’t from a pack of DJ’ s f5, I would have question it’s authenticity.
Instead of describing it as ceiling less… it should be described as high-less because that’s what it is.

3 Likes

The Blue DigiBerry and the JOTI Blueberry are 2 I’d like to try out, as Far as the DJ f5 goes…. I agree with the above statement :point_up:, it was just ok, not very potent and I didn’t find any Blueberry terps in there, not to say it’s not in there, but you would think at f5 the blue terps would be very prevalent and easy to find, pretty disappointing really.

4 Likes

I’ve been finding a lot of blueberry in my SunShine DayDream F2 BX1 and some of the ssdd f2s in general. and they’ve got good potency at that. Blue Tara would be another to look for blueberry. Something with that blue moonshine coming through :eyes:

Can’t say I’ve had much actual blueberry notes in other things :thinking:

7 Likes

Saw some pics of the Blue DigiBerry with heavy foxtailing that looked AMAZING.

Should have some Blue Tara x SSDD that was bred towards Bubbashine on the way soon.

5 Likes

Did you wind up getting those beans I sent you? That strain has great Blueberry in it.

4 Likes

I did! Thanks again btw. Those are the ones I’m the most hopeful to find BB in!

6 Likes

That’s good to hear, I’m glad they made it, I think you’ll find some great stuff in those :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Took my Blueberry Muffins (Humboldt) down today, and i can attest that they have a fruity smell.

Tall n Skinny, likely due to my placement (a partially shaded area), and the growth/yield was only mediocre compared to some of the other plants I grew. I blame myself for that though as I’m pretty sure the garden bed soil left alot to be desired.

Trimmed off the small ones at the bottom, and got those small pieces drying…

Will trim the rest off the main branches in a few days after the larger flowers have dried a bit:

Looking forward to giving it a try in a few weeks when its ready - its supposed to be one of Humboldt’s banner strains that they swear by.

3 Likes

Blueberry Muffin clone 6 days ago.
I’m going to pick up this nursery’s DJ Short Blueberry clone next spring.
:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Alright, after the Blueberry Heaven run, I had a chance to run Zyrup, which was Zkittlez x Blueberry/Humble Pie. I did not finish flower as the terp was over powered with Zkittlez rather than blueberry and culled down.

Currently run of [Tangie/Jilly Bean x Blueberry Sativa IBL] F2.
Found one pheno out of 31seeds, having blueberry/raspberry/grape jelly terp. Literally it starts with Blueberry then transition to Raspberry with Grape Jelly back end. However, still have a month to go. Hopefully, to find something nice Blueberry in a loooong while.

2 Likes