Looking for Blueberry. What are your fav Blueberry smokes?

Whats up my brothers in blue,

Long time blueberry fan here too.

The real deal Blueberry Can still be found fairly easily in DJs Blueberry F5 line, but they are very sensitive to ferts and the terps really are dependent on being grown with low nutrients. Here’s some tips passed along that really are accurate. I would recommend grabbing a pack of his F5’s growing them all out under low nutrient concentrations to pheno hunt through them. The packs still have the magic in ‘em you just cant over feed and over feeding happpens easily with the strain. No more than 1.2 EC fellas.

Also, word on the street is there might be an S1 coming off of his famous B130 male :wink:

8 Likes

That would be masculinized seeds?

3 Likes

I don’t know the exact details but sounds like a Reversal to me.

I realized I accidentally left a few tips out on the cropped message. Edited above accordingly :+1:

2 Likes

Somehow that fastbuds gorilla cookies sound like a just nice dank strain lol
Candish flav and gassy understone.
Even thought it’s not BB, it’s damn interesting haha

1 Like

shhhhhhhh seriously? B130???
That was the father of TBB, F13, GK, OTM
damnnnn

and also thanks for the nice input that F5 line is worth hunting through. Was a little concerned cuz that’s only stocked pure BB from DJ’s but now i’m just getting a pack soon-ish!

and 1.2 EC for flowering do you mean? That’s really low if grow medium isn’t fertilized :no_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve never found something close to the first Blueberries i’d ever try. I was a kid and I got it from a rasta friend it was around 2008/2009, the only similar stran I did smoke was a Blue Moonshine (I think is BB F3) couple years later. Both strains were straight blueberry candy smell, tasted blueberrish earthy sweet. I’m not into sweet smells, but tbh, that Blueberry and a Somango cut were one of the tastiest buds i’ve ever had. In all the plants i ever grew never found nothing extremely sweet, at least something that taste as sweet as it smells.

Maybe Blueberry F5, Vanilluna or something similar carry those phenos.

Fuck now i’m intrigued about that hahaha

Didn’t nobody here worked with that line?

3 Likes

BTW, is that Blueberry Heaven NYCD leaner? Remembers me a bit to the NYCD mandarina cut lol

Sorry 4 doublepost

1 Like

Correct, 1.2 max EC throughout is what the recommendations were. The strain is notoriously sensitive to fertilization.

I’ve ran a few of them when they first came out and I got great blueberry terps this way, although tbh the magic of the strain isn’t the blueberry terps or flavor but rather the beautifully blissful, euphoric effects that really show anxiolytic properties. DJ bred for effect and this euphoric bliss is really locked into his lines.

I’ll be doing a larger 36 plant pheno hunt soon and personally, I will stay under 1.2 EC UNLESS the plants tell me otherwise….

2 Likes

The Blueberry I remember from the 90’s, that btw is my all time favorite strain so I’m extremely excited for this upcoming pheno hunt (have a few more runs to get through first though so it will be a bit), presented as green and purple mottled buds. Covered in crystals with a sweet blueberry terp profile. The effect was strong, but very psychologically kind, no edginess. Extreme antidepressant properties. Just all around “kind” bud. Ironic the terminology floating around during those times but very true to this line.

Here’s a bud shot a week or so out from chop time from that grow a few years ago, from his current BB F5 offerings, also the Flo F5.

This particular pheno from the BB F5 presented as exactly what I remember, purple and green mottled coloration with great trichome coverage and with wonderful sweet blueberry terps, I’d say vanilla on the backend also. I can definitely see blueberry muffin being used as a description because this plant smelled like strong artificial blueberries upfront with a rich almost vanilla backend. You know when you walk through a mall and pass an ice cream shop making the waffle cones for the day and the air is filled with that rich sweet smell in the air? Kind of like that. So blueberry muffin definitely fits.

BB F5

Flo F5

13 Likes

This is a thing I often wonder about when people on OG describe fruity smells. Do they really think of the fruit or some artificial candy flavour from their childhood. :laughing:

2 Likes

It definitely was the sweet blueberry smell you would get from a blueberry pastry of some sort or blueberry pie, etc etc…. not the tart sour scent of fresh crushed real blueberries for example.

Another note on terps and nutes…. I really think that’s why people that try the line end up not “finding” the terps…. They are killing them with nutes and it really will ruin them in this strain if over fed.

Grow DJs current Blueberry F5s like you would a pure Sativa landrace, and you’ll find them. 11/13 light cycle, very low fertilization rates, large root space or fabric pots etc etc

5 Likes

Phew, I have no idea about the characteristics NYCD cut. I’ve tried NYCD herbs from Coffeeshop 1e hulp in Amsterdam but that’s it haha
Perhaps, do you have the NYCD cut?

Oh, and those seeds (BB x KQ/NYCD) were presented to Sannie by Motarebel in early 2000 then he worked on the line and sold only as hybrids of (BB x KQ/NYCD) until 2020. In late 2021 (I believe) he released limited stock (still is) of pure form of (BB x KQ/NYCD) in feminized seeds. Surely interesting and pheno varies a lot. Germ 4 seeds, all varied to each other. The one in their picture had sour and fruity flavour but not much mandarine!

2 Likes

So true.
That euphoric effects are just too good to be true.
Feels like became a cat under the sunlight haha

and that hunt sounds super dope!!!

4 Likes

OMG that Flo F5 looks fire tho
and looks more fatter flower than I imagined on flo

and BB F5, can’t wait to collect em. If that fits to your old BB smoke experience, it’s gonna be a real deal!!!

2 Likes

I was thinking of that artificial candy flavour tbh haha
Cuz just fruit smell, I couldn’t find intense tasting herbs yet, sadly…

2 Likes

Wait, is ur interest also DJ’s BB and pure sativa landrace types?

1 Like

Aaaaaaah yes, the olde Eerste Hulp, been there many times petting Rizzla the cat lol :joy:.

The thing in Eerste Hulp is that sometimes it is the real deal, sometimes is not. The only place where the clone only named strains looked and tasted like the real cuts was the Grey Area (imo)

I had it till i got Hop Latent Viroid and all my moms were infected and started to produce pure crap. Tossed out everything and im not holding cuts anymore till i got a big quarantine tent. (And even working that way you can get infected again so easy) Its a prerry known cut here, in fact when people talk about diesel here, they usually talk about that smell wich doesnt smell any diesel to me, is more like Sour/ rotten Mandarines with some gas and burnt plastic overflavour.

The thing is that those (lets say) “duckfooty” leaves and bud shape are very similar in that cut.

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t want to beat a dead horse too much but I’d like to post one final thing on the matter as an example.

So here is my SECOND run with a clone off that exact same blueberry plant that had the wonderful blueberry pastry scents and warm fuzzy euphoric effects.

The second time I grew her I decided I wanted to see if I could push her for more yield, and so I fed her more on this round. She produced a beautiful plant that faded with gorgeous autumn colors.

Unfortunately her terps were horribly muted, the blueberry was barely there. Instead an earthy musk was dominant and I have to say the effects weren’t as nice either.

This is a plant that produces her best terps with daré I say it even bad treatment. I know several other growers that report they neglected a clone horribly on a second run, not watering etc etc because they ran it first (feeding heavily) and didn’t find the terps. The clones they neglected and mistreated produced wonderful blueberry terps. So just keep that in mind when searching my friends.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

I started chasing BB since 2015 cuz of one blue
it was not a pure BB but hybrids

It has such a nice dark blueberry taste in inhale, dark but not earthy at all. Feels like drinking a soft syrup kind. And… some mustard reminding sourness without toxic feelings in exhale…

High was exact BB of Dj’s
Euphoric blissful
high and flav both were on the top of top in my experience.

Blues are the beauty :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I grow many pure Sativas also but that is a separate topic, I only made that statement because the way she needs to be grown to find the terps is very similar to a sensitive landrace Sativa. Overly nute sensitive, hates being rootbound, benefits from 11/13 light cycle etc etc

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes