Looking for specific led light solution

Hey friends!
I am sure something exists out there that would suit my needs…here is what I think I want.
Growing in a 2 x 4 tent, I would like some 4 ft led tubes that can be “daisy chained” so I could have enough across the top for seedlings/veg/flower and also be able to have a few singles down low for side lighting between the plants.
Something versatile and expandable. Bright enough, good light spectrum, hopefully energy efficient.
Any suggestions???

3 Likes

Howdy,

If it were me I’d forget about daisy chaining and just get one big light on a dimmer. Works well.

I do this in a 2x4.

3 Likes

I currently have a t5 and viparspectra 330 blurple light. Doesn’t seem like enough light is getting to the bottom of the plants.
I have done quite a bit of pruning of fan leaves and it helps a bit…

Gotta agree with @Foreigner

If you want to make the most of your 2x4 tent don’t skimp out on the light I’d look at something like this

https://vivosun.com/vivosun-upgraded-bar-led-grow-light-patented-design-foldable-with-samsung-osram-diodes-and-6-dimming-option-for-indoor-plants-p117494004956726075?variantId=117494004956726104

Something with a detachable driver that can be moved in or out of the tent can be very handy. In the summer move it out to keep temps down or in the winter put it back in the tent to warm it up a bit more.

3 Likes

I will look into that one!
What can I do for better side lighting?

2 Likes

With a light like that, I wouldn’t bother with any side lighting.

4 Likes

I got 4x 4ft led shop led light tubes for my side lighting. It adds heat though so keep that in mind.

Another suggestion is to consider how you plan to grow to dictate the # of fixtures. As an example in my 4x4 i have 2x fixtures allowing for 2x height variations when growing. One of my 2x4’s has 2 fixtures for the same reason while my other 2x4 only has 1.

Each tent has the same amount of light but variations of how they can be applied.

I even considered 4x fixtures for my 4x4 due to my 4 site RDWC system but then i got too good of a deal on 2x TSL2000 mars hydro leds so that ended that lol.

2 Likes

you might want to check out this thread. theres lots of custom options, you could even add side strips with these

3 Likes