Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Hell yes …great job buddy…they are beautifull…and you are a professional at what you do…stunning work…sorry to ask for mesurements ,i have a depth perseption problem and i cant judge hieght or depth or length or scale with my eye.

2 Likes

:thinking: :smoking:

i now realize what the strange uneasiness & envy i feel following this Besta beast. it’s the anticipaation & hope of possibility that a child has in the months leading up to christmas, following months of whining , begging, pleading, for that “special must have thing”. :smile: :angel:

at the ripe old age of 4 years, around the month of November, i discovered an amazing treasure trove of toys in a plain brown paper grocery bag. WTF(too young to need to swear, or fuck). at that moment reality transformed me from whelp to suspicious scrutinizer & enemy of the “grown-ups”. damn liars.

so, once again man, thanks for doing what you do & sharing it with us all. truly nice example of the ‘Tao of OG’.

please consider publishing this as an e-book or hardcopy(do it-do it-do it!:snowman2:)-- it is instructive, entertaining, and well-documented & written. if the idea strikes you as interesting PM me if you’d like input.

:evergreen_tree: <— worked in publishing & nearly 10 other fields before dropping out of society

2 Likes

Got some of that good B.C. luvin’ in the mail today! Thanks @Mr.Sparkle I can’t wait to try 'em out.

(Think Different x Dark Devil) x Cream Mandarin
Dark Devil F2
Cream Mandarin

All feminized autos. :yum:

11 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle…planted 2 of each…today half of them are above ground…the others should pop tonight …awsome

3 Likes

Nice. This is from ikea right? Anything they have that is smaller and fit just one plant?

Still running the bucket?

1 Like

Nope bucket and pc cases are gone. as for ikea, im sure there are options :wink: , actually been looking at a half size one of these for breeding work but thats just an idea.

4 Likes

After-graduation gift for Mr.Sparkle…?

not very micro of course, but less bending required… :joy:
:evergreen_tree: <-- would never spend $200 at ikea, [shivers]

4 Likes

Lol Yeah that would work. but same amount of bending :wink: make it a double decker or turn it sideways, more floor space more plants :wink:

5 Likes

Got some incoming mail from you @Mr.Sparkle .

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle that’s genius - if you turned it sideways you could even have 4 slide out mother cabinets for easy cuttings :laughing:.

1 Like

I have grow envy, you’re killing me here. Can’t believe the yields considering the height!

Some day I want to be looking at such a thing, great looking garden!

2 Likes

Day 51, at least another week minimum as they aren’t done yet, but getting there as they are working on the later secondary buds and are starting to elongate looking for any stray pollen.

Also i dropped the reservoirs down to 500ppm (1.0ec) as my reservoirs were building up ppm wise, i will probably just add water from here on out, or do a light 300ppm mix come the weekend.

No real guess on yield, but at this point maybe 80g+ with the way things are looking and some plants being lighter than others.

19 Likes

They look more than 80, at least the left most one. Those solstrip things are impressive the light they put out is very nice how much would something like that cost I’ve not heard of them outside of OG.

2 Likes

The SolStrips are awesome… http://www.solstrip.com check it out.

4 Likes

Thanks! I really want them now after seeing your thread and this one and realizing how small these grows are and how little wattage they use (and how relatively low maintenance they are). Still can’t believe I built this huge room for growing big plants on 1k HPS that get a fraction of the yields that these do. It’s embarrassing but threads like these give me hope that it can be done.

5 Likes

@Lucy247420 Yields come with experience though, but the new tech is nice, But seeings how we have to pay more for shipping and such compare to people in the states, it worked out to be around $150cnd for the 3 strips plus heatsinks as i went the solstix route instead of just the strips and finding my own heatsink, and it was another $85 for a ballast from digikey.

So all in light wise $235cnd but you can get basic 600w hps kits for that much. Reason i went this route is efficiency and i like spread out light instead of singular sources, as then everything gets lit up from multiple angles and you can get your lights closer than those singular sources where you have really bright areas with dark areas on the sides with more heat generation in specific points.

Was more or less a treat for myself needless to say.

But honestly if i was being frugal i just would of went the screw in led bulb route, and dismantled them like my pc case in its last revision.

5 Likes

For some reason I thought you were running more strips than that. Now that I’m looking I realize how small this space still is. Compared to your PC cases I thought this was huge!

4 Likes

haha to me it is when constantly going smaller and smaller over the years, but no it’s not very big at 2.25sqft and as previously shown only about 15" to work with when considering the height of the pots.

Bogan had about 0.8sqft of space, the white case Ashla had 1.0sqft, and the bucket i think was around 0.65sqft so in respect to them it is quite large

6 Likes

a propogation tent works great for micro growing thats what i use

3 Likes

Stopping by to show some love like you have done for me looking good bro

4 Likes