Most balanced cost/efficacy hydro setup?

This is how I do DWC Overgrow folks. I have 2 separate rooms, veg & flower rooms with light movers in each rooms.

Clones/cuttings on a bathroom shelf

Veg room, veg nutes in these buckets…I keep the clones here for about a week at least.

The Flower room is all set up like the veg room but this room will only have flower nutes in the buckets. The net cups leaving the buckets in the veg room will be put in these buckets.

Time for them go in the flower room…so I take out the net cup and I put it in the waiting flower bucket in the other room.

After awhile this is my flower room…

These is how I do it folks…no res change…btw, after you put your veg clone in the flower room replace it with another clone/cuttings from the bathroom shelf…Hope this helps.

11 Likes

Nice bro! I been playing in coco and been absolutely loving it. It fast as shit and i don’t think I’ve been this close to dialed in.

My dwc grows got a little crazy! I’m vegged for 3 and a half weeks and then they just exploded! lol

3 Likes

Oh I wasn’t fixing to pay hydro shop prices. Good idea on the kiddy pool, better than the cement mixing tray idea I think.

2 Likes

Theres nothing to believe the results speak for themselves.

Light movers kill it.

1 Like

A kiddie pool is a good idea. I wonder if they come in white.

Was actually thinking of rigging up some makeshift light movers from sliding door rails too.

1 Like

I also have just switched over from soil to coco and feel the same way.
:sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

I will also put small soil grows in my 1K Flower room folks…

8 Likes

Ordinarily I would say flood and drain is the easiest and most cost efficient system to use, the only reasons I am going with top feed expanded clay is that a: I can’t fit large trays into my room and b: flood tables require a much larger reserviors to fill than to top feed.

5 Likes

Easiest…Octopots.

3 Likes

Thought about diy’ing something along those lines, but pricing the equipment out its more than I’m trying to spend. I can set up 6 plant flood & drain tables for around $50/ea toss a couple airstones in the reseviors (if I go this route I’ll be using big plastic trash cans)

5 Likes

Yes, not the cheapest route…but by far the easiest.

1 Like

By the way, small bucket raised inside a big bucket = same thing.

6 Likes

DWC in RubberMaid tubs. I’ve done about 50 like that since 2001 with from one to 16 plants in a tub.

Cheap like borscht!

:peace:

3 Likes

How often you got to scrub those buckets? Nothing starts growing in it? I try to always suck up the run off. Most of it anyway. Is there air stones in there?

I would think the most efficient way would be a little fancier, like at least recycle the water. I don’t want to adjust nutes and ph all the time so I go drain to waste. Well I pour the run off on my roses and other outdoor plants. I wish I could keep all that run off in my set up. With out the freaking out about numbers! Lol

First run with them. But plan on cleaning then after each grow. No air stone, I do run a small power head in the 35 gallon reservoir. But when they are humming along, it sucks that dry in about 2 or 3 days anyways…lol
But its a closed, passive system. Works incredibly well.

Here’s what I use for dtw coco.

1 Like

I think I might stick with the standalone dwc for now. I can make a few alterations like cutting a hole in the lids for top ups and a drain+pump for res changes. It’s just less stuff to buy and works fine for now. Gonna get the room upgraded/dialed in before changing up tech.

2 Likes

That’s what I do I put a couple service holes on the lids…I dont even paint them, I just put them in black garbage bags folks…I keep it simple folks…I’m just saying…

6 Likes

2 Likes