Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Good as a nurse, I know what kinda permanent damage can happen to kidneys / liver…by the time you realize your hurt the damage is done, death is a real possibility and very quickly…fungi are insanely toxic for their mass…lucky if you just get off really violently nauseous and a long night of vomiting…be safe…no bold old mycologists…just us old mycologists…and them few bold mycologists…they weed themselves out along the way :wink:

2 Likes

i did it just for fun haha, wasnt going to consume them, I dont have a source i trust either so thats why i thought maybe do a small batch and see how it goes!

2 Likes

Be encouraged, do some exploring…life time of learning and fun, plus there are more than golden saucers / liberty caps / boomers…I grow a lot of medicinal and gourmet in addition to the PTSD/ Anxiety meds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What strain do you reccomend for anxiety ? if there is one

2 Likes

Cubes are cubes, they all have neat names for where they were found or who found them…but in the end they all are the same. I would start dosing with .25g daily with cubes and take that to .5g daily week 2 and beyond…you will know the dose is right if you can almost feel it…but not. they work over a very short time…within hours you will begin to find you are far clearer mentally and sharper and w/o the noise. The anxiety depression will just seem fade away naturally [in 99% of people…you know].

I encourage you to try them and experiment and find what works best for you. :peace:

8 Likes

appreicate it! will check out some cubes

2 Likes

The standard begininer cube is Gteachers or B+ both make cool big bodied fruits and are the most domesticated so better shot at getting a good grow with no experience…not reppin this guy but his tech is good and he does a good job explaining and seeing it done is a good thing to learn by…look at these videos for you first grow.

https://vimeo.com/267716309

https://vimeo.com/267716355

https://vimeo.com/267717216

This should get you started down the right path. Feel free to hit me up with questions brother. :peace:

5 Likes

Spent most of the day doing clean-up from all the fungi. Struck a spore print of Pan Cyans [Cambodian Goliath] and spawned more to a sub…

11 Likes

I checked out the Pf tek! But might go with a small begining Kit, not amazing but should give me somthing! Costs $40

2 Likes

Dude I just spent soooooo long trying to figure out wtf was the blue on the foil! Thought you labeled your spore prints with abstract watercolor paintings
I clearly need sleep. Lmao

2 Likes

Man,
Ever since I was a teen, “magic” mushrooms always interested me. I always wanted to learn to grow some cuz I also loved taking them and having that free feeling.This looks to be a great read …thanks for this.
Much respect for you and this medicine

2 Likes

Doing mycology work this am.

Transferred more PE to agar to try to start working to isolation’s to get to a mono. My last attempts got close but contaminated, so been just been growing them from the swab CandB sent me, time to get this to a mono and get it cloned.

I’m also working with a wild cube I found a few months ago, started both some clones on agar and some spores from a print, gonna work, this for awhile and see what I can do with it…doesn’t flush super well but potent for a cube and blues up ugly when you touch it.

Also getting my Shiitake and Portabello going again since fall is not so far away and they both do better w/o all this heat.

Got all my pans incubating for the last few days, potent and they grow super fast…like the Hippy Slayer, not so easy to grow but well worth it when you get it right.

9 Likes

Working tonight on transferring’ cloned mycelium to new MEA agar plates, spawning spores of Penis Envy to get an isolate out, Pan Cambo’s, testing the Liquid Culture I made and a spore print I took, starting to work on isolating a few mono-cultures to fruit so I can get good clones.

I really enjoy the agar work, hoping to have clean cultures soon so that I can start selling microscopy kits myself…others have a lock down on canna beans so time to make my name in “Mycology Kits”. Hoping to be vending my own clones and mono cultures soon, for research only of course. There are plenty of people selling spores and MS syringes. I’m gonna market ready to transfer agar products of the lines I am working at the same price that others are vending MS syringes and spore prints. That way you get a sealed petri dish thats clean and has a verified mono culture on it and you can see not contaminated… :peace:

12 Likes

M2 @Worcestershire_Farms let me know how it goes if ya getter done before I do! I hear cooked lion’s taste like lobster!

3 Likes

Made P2 transfers on new clones of cubensis and panaeolus, …I also made a big batch of habanero pineapple hot sauce…whew man is it good…got some good back side heat too. Got the cat on look out :peace:

16 Likes

Shittake clone LC is clean and ready to knock up some grains soon…time to get some more going.

7 Likes

mmmmmhhmmmmm …bagged mushrooms…

11 Likes

Today I did mycology work on a few strains. Basically cleaning up some spore germination’s, also taking clean sections of the P. Cyan Cambodian “Goliath”, wild Florida P.Cubensis var N. Fla. I spawned Shiitake to rye berries from the clone I keep, and made a grain master to cold store for future runs…now we wait and watch them grow. Peace

6 Likes

Got three trays of P. Cyan Cambodian “Goliath” cased and into fruiting today.

7 Likes

Took a walk along the back forty and got some pretty pictures to share…

Ghost peppers starting to ripen…

Lots of pretty mushrooms after the rain this afternoon

13 Likes