Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

At what step in your omelette procedure do you add the mushrooms?

2 Likes

I whip the eggs and the crush the medicine to a dust. Then pour the eggs into the warmed pan, and start adding ingredients. I personalty like onion, cheese and a meat… I have made soups with them, added them to pizza…the old you gotta starve yourself before you eat them is a bit silly.

6 Likes

Does kitty occasionally munch on a cap or two? Looks like he’s guilty. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Hi all after a while I decided to give a try with some shiitake(i know maybe is not related to this thread, sorry about this ), and i would like your opinion of how is going on,
The substrate is a mix of coco coir, vermiculite and gypsum, honestly I don’t really know the percent if each one I believe it was kind of 60 coir 40 vermiculite and a tablespoon of gypsum.

i did two runs the first 2, 6 days ago oyster ans shiitake, both sterilised on the microwave, unfortunately the oyster one got contaminated, the container looks like by the heat loss the original form leaving some room on the lid
The other shiitake is doing fine IMO, adter that I decided to give the same substrate a try in to a bag on Wednesday,but this time sterilised in a Electric PC , for 45 minuets , I believe that thing can’t go over 7,5 psi, quite low pressure and also not to much time in the PC but I think was enough .

Could you check the pictures and let me know how the mycelium is doing?

Thanks

2 Likes

Coir and vermiculite have no nutrition, what you have is a nice casing with no substrate. Shiitake works best with a mix of sawdust/ wood chips with a small amount of bran. Oysters could be grown on the same mix but pasteurized straw is better imo.

4 Likes

Hi there thanks for your answer, honestly I don’t want that mycelium to fruit it just i want a co2 production for the indoor,so I’m just using what I’ve got here to make it work, but if you guys said it would be better with the sawdust mix I’ll give it a try
Thanks

2 Likes

Found these today

9 Likes

I fruited some co2 blocks from the hydro store just to see what they were. Reishi mushrooms is what they used. I don’t know if it makes any difference what species you use though.

2 Likes

I was mad into this years ago. Tried and collected lots of types. Made my own agar plates and liquid cultures. Got a bit much after a while. Still have a cd case full of different prints but it’s all about the ‘Penis envy’…

They blow your face off.

I’m sure I have some of those in amongst the prints. Time to go look for them I think.

5 Likes

I am running a few bags of PE right now, a cloned mono-culture…took quite a few transfers to get to a good sub-strain…cubes are cubes but the PE sure has the potency of some of the pans I grow.

5 Likes

I’m sure I still have a cyanecans (100% spelt wrong) spore syringe about. Never got round to trying them out.

2 Likes

The Cyan’s are fosure 3x or more potent than the average cube…I run some elephant shit Copes from Cambodia that are easy 5X as strong as a cubes…they are called

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodginiensis : Thailand, Suphanburi Goliath

Really really took me far on one dry gram…them make me wary lol.

6 Likes

Got the next batch ready and bagged…meds go fast around here…

9 Likes

Thankfully mushrooms are pretty much set and forget with the sytem I run but…the bags were not getting enough FAE so broke them down to mini mono’s to fruit them…new bags with 5mic filters dont have enough air exchange to fruit invitro so back to tubs for a minute…

Strains I’m working.

9 Likes

a few boomers drying… and a new flush!

8 Likes

Has anyone had any success with Psilocybe subaeruginosa? A native to Australia and (I think) New Zealand, it usually pops up after the first frost. We don’t get frozen ground like parts of the US. A cold night is about 0C or about 30F. I have them over my back fence along a creek. They seem to like pine and pine chips that the local councils spread out to control weeds etc. I’ve taken some prints and was going to try them out using an old bar fridge or something like that. Thought I’d see if anyone has had luck with wood loving cold climate mushrooms?

3 Likes

6 Likes

If it was me I would just run them OD, since they are wild, it will take a bit to domesticate them…looks like a fun project though.

here is an indoor grow, many more to be found if you look…

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/782998

3 Likes

Thanks @Kraven …Ill have a read through that after work. :+1:

2 Likes

Mini mono’s pluggin right along…the cakes were not getting good FAE in the bags so they got birthed to mini mono’s to fruit. [fourth flush]

9 Likes