Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Iā€™m hopinā€™ tooā€¦ damn things take foreverā€¦this is day seven and counting of mist / fan. I use a sheet of wax paper as a casing, it makes the pin set insane and helps the sub hold moisture better imhoā€¦the fruits are gonna be worth the wait, this is a cloned mono so hoping to see an insane flushā€¦never know. I have good aggressive genetics on slant and these fruits last time were devastatingā€¦

3 Likes

is ryzomorphicly aggressive PE any faster to colonize than regular PE? lol

used to take me forever to flush PE but at tje same time, the very little weight lost makes up for the time spent cussing pinsets to start haha

2 Likes

Kraven your fruit chamber what all do you have on the bottom for your setup

2 Likes

just a fan and a sonic humidifier controlled by the humidity controller.

1 Like

Nope still takes me 10-12-14 days sometimes to get the things to pin, and they grow slow tooā€¦

2 Likes

also I love the martha!!! I built one some time ago lolā€¦ the timestamps are showing my age lol

shot of one of my PE monsters from back in the day

the only thing more ridiculous growing than PEā€¦APE cakesā€¦ I was an idiot thinking theyā€™d go somewhere lol

4 Likes

i built it out of a two tier shelf, velco, plastic drop sheet, hygro/thermometers, and a mini cool mistā€¦ looked like a foggy forrest when it kicked onā€¦

it had an open bottom and I sat it in a tub with a few inches of perlite for humidity control and water catching

2 Likes

Very nice, the ones I have DIYā€™ed before now have all been shelves wrapped in 10 mil clear plastic [Visqueen] with timers / swamp cooler for humidity control / FAE. Iā€™m really a big advocate for tubs tbh, just easier, not as much to worry aboutā€¦set and forget. I keep having to built autoā€™s to show new folksā€¦this is the last one Iā€™m building fosureā€¦these rust out in less than a year.

Effin nice APE cakes, I havenā€™t seen anyone fruit on them, how did you get enough moisture in them to support a flush ? :mushroom:

2 Likes

Suppliesā€¦

4 Likes

lol thatā€™s as big as they ever gotā€¦ I thought Iā€™d try it to seeā€¦ say in the fc for almost 2 weeks before it started pinning then took another week to get there and stall haha

2 Likes

Today I was finishing up the yard from the hurricane and it had rained last nightā€¦look what I spotted this afternoonā€¦the famed Purple Mysticā€¦plus a pan in the grass

PE started pinning today, the slow mo show is a goā€¦

Burma 4th flush

Late flush Burma get meaty and huge, makes good meds.

9 Likes

Is there any health risk growing these with pf tek? Like black mold ect?

2 Likes

No, but every time you breath your breathing millions of spores of various molds, bacteriaā€™s and virus. The golden rule is simple if it aint white, it aint right. Be clean with your tek and you will be fineā€¦biggest contams I see is trichederma or penicillin / staphā€¦there are others but these are the most common you will encounterā€¦billions of them on your lips too.

Point iā€™m trying to make is this is a fungusā€¦not plant nor animal. it evolved 2 billion years before plants and is the foundation of all life on earth, its safeā€¦just dont eat the bad stuff brother.

8 Likes

I recall Amsterdamā€™s smart shops selling fresh shrooms in 35 gram packs. This was before they made certain mushroom compounds illegal.

Iā€™ve heard that fresh ones are actually more palatable and do not upset the stomach as much.

2 Likes

They dont bother me at all, I make soups, cook them with eggs, make extracts and chocolates, anywhere a mushroom can go these will goā€¦my truth is this, if they make you sick then they probably are not really for you.

2 Likes

I used to put them in a jar of honey and let them sit

further health tip
donā€™t try to fruit contamā€™d subsā€¦ it isnā€™t worth the health risk for a couple mushrooms

3 Likes

Hey guys, does neone here grow mushrooms? Id like to start, I want to find a growers forum for mushrooms thats friendly and knowledgeableā€¦I find the shroomery to have a few ā€¦less than pleasant members LOL

3 Likes

as did we allā€¦ I will pop us into the mush thread in 5ā€¦4ā€¦3ā€¦

3 Likes

but yeaā€¦ why be on the shroomery and their OTD trolls when you can hang with is?

@Kraven is the mush king around here and a few of us other have some mush grow years under our beltā€¦ feel free to ask all of your mycological questions here!

5 Likes

Iā€™m a complete noob at growing mushrooms. I had hell even getting the blue oysters in my home grow c02 kit to do anything. The mycelium cultivation was easy, I failed in the final environment.

But itā€™s getting cold now and I will no longer have a natural supply of cubesā€¦ where to start?

4 Likes