Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

thanks toastyjakes, Iā€™ll give that thread a through read. I remember some amazing photos of your mushroom grow earlier in this thread, it definitely seems like youā€™ve got things dialed in.

4 Likes

after quite a few years of doing it Iā€™ve learned where corners can be cut and where they cantā€¦ Iā€™ve also learned that there a couple little things to help aa grower outā€¦

unfortunately they are not as fast as stated aboveā€¦ closer to 4-7 days after first Sight of a pin til at least a partial harvest, and even more unfortunate is they donā€™t recoup from bad things like weed couldā€¦ you get a contam and depending on what you have, you may slow it a bit, but your grow will suffer greatly

it is super enjoyable thoughā€¦ very relaxing not only to grow but to enjoy

7 Likes

Dead cake pile flushes year round ā€¦ These cakes are on the seventh week of flushing and I lost one today due to a spot of trichā€¦this will be the 8th time they have been dunked and flushed [they have shrunk by almost 25% now so they are about done]. :peace:

13 Likes

Getting more grains ready since the cakes are about doneā€¦

9 Likes

Iā€™m jealous. 150+ spore prints and so far all Iā€™ve got is trich germinating.
On a positive note all of my edibles are doing really wellā€¦

2 Likes

Hey hey! Been lurking this thread for a while. Really want to start growing some but my main concern is purchasing Spores. (paranoid stoner) Are there reputable places to purchase them? Should I be using a proxy or VPN?

6 Likes

the purchase of the spores themselves are 100% legal, as they are sold to look at them under a microscope, so there is no need to feel paranoid for ordering themā€¦ itā€™s what you do with the syringe that causes legal drama hahaā€¦ but we all know what it isā€¦

ive used ralphsters spores and sporeworks before without incidentā€¦ quick shipping and discreet packaging for your order

5 Likes

I like both, also lil shop of spores is good.

5 Likes

Awesome thanks Iā€™ll check them out.

3 Likes

Next question haha. Do the cakes need a lot of light to start fruiting? Or does it not matter?

3 Likes

mushrooms donā€™t need light for growth process as much as the need fresh air and humidityā€¦ sometimes cakes will pin invitro (without opening or taking it out of the jar)

but Iā€™ve always used a 12/12 4500k flouro for added warmth more than light

5 Likes

No mushrooms need zero light, they grow against gravity and do not photosynthesize their foodā€¦different kindomā€¦not plant nor animal

4 Likes

Perfect. That means I can keep these away from my grow haha.

4 Likes

Anyone know a good Canadian source for spores? Iā€™ve mailed money to ralphster twice now with no response and no spores. Tried spores101 years ago and the syringes were all dead.

3 Likes

look up the Canadian free spore ringā€¦ I thinknyou can make a 1$ donation and theyā€™ll send you a print

4 Likes

Sweet, thanks! Would prefer syringe as Iā€™ve never worked with prints before, but at this point anything real would be amazing lol

4 Likes

prints are easy, youā€™ll just need to find a syringe to put them into

4 Likes

Ya the instructions on that site seem pretty straightforward, might be worth a try.

3 Likes

here is a link to spores101 Canada

should have all the things you need

3 Likes

Ya I already ordered from them and got dead syringes. If you check out some reviews of them youā€™ll see Iā€™m not the only one.

4 Likes