Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

hmmm, sounds good!! I might have to try it. I only ever did macro dosing. :alien:

10 Likes

Oh I do both :wink:

[will this give me 20 characters]

6 Likes

I am putting a goal for the middle of next year and I will have my own tubs going!! I have already started watching willy micos youtube.

2 Likes

31 Likes

is it too off topic to ask about average street prices for mush or should that be its own thread? usually about $5 a gram or $100 an ounce around here.

4 Likes

That sound a litle high for around here, but I dont sell, just consume

6 Likes

Nice flush, was that the first for those cakes or a later flush ?

2 Likes

Purple Mystic [Psilocybe cubensis] moving from p1 to p2 with three section isolation’s. I will be further moving them to p3 and then will noc up grains with SI from the p3’s and print the biggest caps for storage. This will be the first strain i will isolate and get to slant, but need some fruits popping to make selections.[I have 7-8 cakes from the MS syringe that are almost ready to be fruited]. Looking forward to turkey day…peace

14 Likes

The show has begun…on deck is Psilocybe cubensis and Agaricus bisporus to be fruited out. Tonight I tossed some cubes into fruiting, got 6 BRF cakes a few days behind them and another case of both BRF and berries to noc up after Thanksgiving. Hope everyone who observes the holiday has a good one. Peace

14 Likes

I am so envious! :grin:

4 Likes

Ita about $60 1/8 for some blue golden caps in my neck of the woods

2 Likes

Nice, cubes and pans grow wild here, we are covered up in them…but most dont know where to look…60 an 1/8 is a nice market but seems way too high for stuff that will help people?

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Although in my area those are looked at as more of a party favor then medicine. Where are you from?

2 Likes

Here in Costa Rica i know no one that can get this from a vendor of any kind. It has been known to find Amanita Muscaria at the roots of pines on some mountains, and also the ones that come out of the cows patties… HAHA!

3 Likes

:laughing: Ahh man I hope I get to meet you one day… I only can picture awesomeness when I read your posts… As well as many users on here.

I’m going to dust off my old spore gear and give this a go again - to fill the time after I can’t stand to stare at my plants anymore because my eyes hurt :sunglasses:

5 Likes

man i wish i could understand whats going on in your pictures and posts. what is printing? can you do indefinite storage of spores and stuff? is this similar processes as like tissue culturing ?

3 Likes

ahh a spore print is when you lay the cap of a harvested mushroom gill side down and let the spores fall onto the surface…I use tin foil. Once you got a spore print your ready to grow…they are the “seeds” so to speak. it is not very much like tissue culturing. Cloning is, and yes they can be bred and cloned just like cannabis…

14 Likes

Out of my league here.

I stopped consuming magic mushrooms when I was young.

I loved the buzz, and my brain was definitely exposed to other worldly things, but I lost all feeling in my limbs on the last run.

Probably OD or something, but, I have had enough.

I really enjoy watching this process. Thanks @Kraven

5 Likes

I feel you 99, I micro dose, rarely I will take 4-5g and work on personal issues…but my feelings of heavy trips is they are like the phone, when you get done getting the message…you simply hang up the phone. :mushroom:

6 Likes

I found a nice little flush of Turkey tail today, gonna grab them and dry them for meds. Here is a little about them

"I just learned of the exciting results of a seven-year study funded by the National Institutes of Health of the use of turkey tail mushroom (Trametes versicolor) to boost immunity in women who had been treated for breast cancer. (The mushroom’s name comes from its unique shape and colors, which make it resemble a wild turkey’s tail.) Researchers at the University of Minnesota and Bastyr University conducted the study in women with stages I-III breast cancer who had completed radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Results showed that immune function was enhanced in the women who took daily doses of turkey tail in pill form. (The actual product used in the study was Host Defense Turkey Tail mushroom from Fungi Perfecti.) The researchers reported that the improved immune response was dose dependent and that none of the subjects suffered any adverse effects. The findings were reported in November, 2010, at the International Conference of the Society of Integrative Oncology in New York.

We don’t know exactly how the turkey tail mushroom product used in this trial worked to boost immunity. Paul Stamets, director of research and founder of Fungi Perfecti, said that one theory holds that the mushroom improves the ability of the immune system’s natural killer cells to attack cancer cells. The next phase of this ongoing study will be to evaluate the effects of this improved immunity on patient survival.

The findings so far are very good news, just what physicians who treat cancer have been looking for – a non-toxic therapy to boost immune function, which is typically depressed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I have long recommended medicinal mushrooms to strengthen the body’s defenses in persons with cancer.

Three other mushroom species, maitake, reishi and Agaricus blazei, are known for their immune-enhancing and anti-cancer effects. Maitake (Grifola frondosa) is an edible mushroom known in the United States as “hen of the woods” because it resembles the fluffed tail feathers of a nesting hen. In addition to its anti-cancer, anti-viral and immune-enhancing properties, maitake may also reduce blood pressure and blood sugar. Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), too bitter and woody to eat as food, is widely available in tea bags, capsules and as liquid extracts. Animal studies have shown that reishi improves immune function and inhibits the growth of some malignant tumors; it is also a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Agaricus blazei contains beta glucans, a group of polysaccharides (complex sugars) believed to be the compounds responsible for its immune-boosting effects. Research has also shown that Agaricus blazei has anti-tumor and anti-viral activity, as well as moderating effects on blood sugar and cholesterol." - Andrew Weil, M.D.

15 Likes