Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

are you pressure cooking with something over the top or using a dry verm layer?

2 Likes

Would like to try my hand at mushrooms, but know very little about the process. I know the basics but that’s it. Is there a good tutorial out there for both “funky” mushrooms and regular ones? I wouldn’t think there would be too much difference in growing them.

3 Likes

start at the top of this thread…

yes huge difference in wood lovers and shit lovers…all require their own tek…so what basics do you know?

5 Likes

I’d think that when your jars are completely colonized your jars would be safe from any other foreign mold and such weird that your have something else take over on this case!

3 Likes

It sounds like this might be where the problem is starting

2 Likes

thats why i asked about his moisture levels… cakes should always just pop out after a tap when the jars upside down…

3 Likes

I know that you “inoculate” some type of substrate with mycillium, which you get from spores. How or why, I do not know.

I have glanced at the thread, and from what I got, it was a lot of “after you know how to do it” stuff, which will probably be a huge help later. I guess what I am looking for is a “Mushrooms for Dummies” type if site. Something which goes through all the basic processes, like collecting spores, making the mucillium, what to use to grow on and how to prepare it, etc.

3 Likes

your best bet would be the shroomery then…either way i read for maybe 3 months before i even started a grow… its alot easier than the reading makes it seem but if you have no sterile technique, you have no grow and thats important to remember

3 Likes

Thank you, I will give it a look see.

2 Likes

This is a great thread to read.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25351951/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/2

3 Likes

I have a secret pasture that I’m allowed access too, its all natural and the exact spot I like to get my Hpoo / Cpoo / and yes there are boomers there but the old hippy say’s they are his so I dont bother them. There are also lots of other mushrooms and critters…get my red wigglers here too…

13 Likes

I’m at Mycotopia, come see me there and I can help you

5 Likes

Will check that site Kraven, thanks.

2 Likes

What a beautiful site to wake up to. One of my three shoe boxs!

My 29 spawn jars are about 40% colonized!!!

7 Likes

Still needing to build the new auto fruiting chamber, so just making do as the Red Boys start coming off now. The big mono tub is starting to fill in well, waiting for consolidation to finish up…mono’s are much easier to work with imho.

10 Likes

Spotted these a second ago…I have wilds drying next to domesticated…love my location… :mushroom:

9 Likes

@Kraven
I had way better results with mono tubs than the with shoebox as well.
Here is one I decided to use landscape fabric as a liner but the mycelium penetrated through so I harvested the top and fruited the bottom.
Easiest harvest ever…

Bottom

11 Likes

my monos always suck… I dialed in my shoebox tek though.

19 Likes

looks awesome toasty, more info plz

2 Likes

the same “b+” I’ve been using for 10 years on 2 qts wild bird seed and 3 qts coco coir in a 6.5qt shoebox

4 Likes