Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Dude that is looking official!

2 Likes

First flush on the Burma in the big tub not so impressive, but second flush should be much better.

More Burma in the auto…

9 Likes

Laying out a few caps for prints from this last flush…

10 Likes

Fuck ya! I had no idea og had a mycology sub! Before I could grow my own herb I grew mushies and traded for my meds. Monotubs are the only way to rock!

5 Likes

Finished up the big tub and got it soaking now. Making some extra PTSD meds to share with a few veterans that could use a reset.

8 Likes

Hello Friends,

Big day today I made two bulk tubs using my own CVG, Oat substrate jars that were inoculated with my own liquid culture. For my tubs I used a 1 to 2 ratio of substrate to CVG. Any thoughts or advise welcomed.

6 Likes

Anyone put a layer of Vern on top of their tubs???

2 Likes

It will be time to harvest tomorrow and start another extraction, I prefer a six month soak for my tinctures, makes the medicine “complete”…then a small dose under the tongue to medicate. Easy to teach new people how to use the medicine properly and it takes the stigma of “mushrooms” out of the equation…now its just… “medicine”. Period.

10 Likes

Its a good feeling to see the mush room come together, still have a bit of organizing to do, but for the most part I can do my mycology work now in comfort and cleanliness. Got agar plates poured quickly and easily…

9 Likes

Decent little harvest of medication today.

9 Likes

Once harvested, can they be eatin right away, Or do they have to dry out for a period of time?

2 Likes

They are best fresh, but only last a week or so…to preserve them they are dried and then will last for a very long time. Eaten fresh you have to eat 10 grams to equal 1 gram of dry…so for a three point five gram dose thats thirty five grams fresh so it puts people off…they dont have a clue they can be cooked with like any other mushroom…my favorite way to eat fresh is to make a Denver omelet with the mushrooms…nobody said they have to be yucky.

9 Likes

Only had them dried. Last time I ate some was about 15 years ago with a cousin. We both had two grams. All we had to eat with them was hotlink sandwiches and when they first kicked in it got quiet then we sat there an watched the screensaver on the tv because we never pushed play. The bedroom doors were waving, each light in the House was a different color, an he kept asking me if he looked high lol.
I tried to stay cool but when one of our friends came in the house he had this HUGE knot on his forehead, I couldn’t stop laughing until after he got mad an left. Fun times. I could keep goin on but just wanted to share my last experience. Thanks for replying

5 Likes

Went out this am for a quick walk of the back 40 and found lots of neat fungi…hope everyone has a wonderful day.

:peace:

9 Likes

Did i see some chanterelles? My absolute favourite mushrooms ever. In fact just ate some from our friend’s back 40.

3 Likes

I believe I spotted a few today :slight_smile: they are good, we have some oyster around thats really tasty also.

4 Likes

Dude, I was watching the Joe Rogan podcast with Paul Stamets, and he mentioned Lions Mane specifically as a mushrooms that should be eaten regularly for its medicinal qualities. Apparently there is a compound(s?) that help keep your brain free of the plaques that lead to Dementia and Alzheimers.

4 Likes

Yes, they like cooler weather so i grow them winter and spring, they are delicious …have the taste and consistency of lobster…nice meaty texture.

5 Likes

I though I would share some of the ways I grow mushrooms, not really a wrong way…other than not getting fruits or getting contamination’s. Mushrooms are healthy and good medicines and take very little space and hardly no time to grow.

Auto Martha

Mono tubs

A few tubs I have going now

Burma

Penis Envy

A nice little flush of meds today. [Burma]

5 Likes

already looking like first flush blobs for the PE! I like them… even if they’re ugly haha

2 Likes