Mymystic Mungopark

Hi Folks,
I apologise for being off topic but I hope to get in touch with the owner of Mymystic Mungopark, the Blue-Tabby Tonkinese that was shown in a picture sometime around January 2020. I am the person who actually bred this lovely boy II can provide details of his pedigree if you need proof). I would dearly love to see more pictures of him as he was such a special kitten. He went on to win overall best in show at the Tonkinese Breed Club show (UK) many years ago. Please do help me get in touch with his owner. Many thanks, Linda

7 Likes

Welcome to og!

1 Like

Welcome to Og @LindaV this place is incredible, you will love it!

1 Like

@Shadey seems to be the owner your looking for

4 Likes

Shadey has one, but the photos of the cat in that thread were posted by @Mongobongo, the cat’s owner.

7 Likes

Hi Linda, yes that was me and the wife who had Mungo, he definitely was a special cat, so chilled, our daughter who was 3 at that time, would play and cuddle with him, he wouldn’t even struggle.

I will dig out some pics for you, the wife still has one framed on the sideboard.

1 Like

@LindaV

Here is a quick pic of him the wife has on the sideboard. I will search through the pc files and find some more for you.

This pic was taken for the Tokinese club by their photographer, when he won best overall.

We stopped showing him after that, he really hated the shows and he didn’t like being caged all day and messed with by the judges, it was pretty much guaranteed some judge would go home with a scar to remember him by at every show :joy:

11 Likes

Thank you to everyone who replied to my request for help and I’m so pleased to see this lovely picture of Mungo - I was there the day he won Overall Best In Show and was so proud of him. He was the most wonderful kitten, and just like his dad, Mymystic Pharoah. I’d love to see more photos if you have any. Thank you again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers, Linda

6 Likes

I will sort more out for you today @LindaV, I can take that pic out of the frame and scan it for you if you want to add it to your breeders web site library, it will be better than a quick phone pic.

I think that show was in Bristol if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

The quality is not good on some of these as they were taken with early digital cameras. I tried to boost the quality in photo shop which improved them a bit. I will scan the framed pic for you and email them all to your web site.

Mungo relaxing under the chair.

Playing with his favourite toy. he loved pipe cleaners, especially when they were shaped like spiders.

My daughter and Mungo, he was a cool cat lol, she would mess him about all the time and he just let her get on on with it. They really loved each other a lot.

This is where you find him in the mornings curled up with my daughter.

mungo5

My daughter got the stuffed leopard from her aunt, for the first week Mungo would not go into her bedroom if it was there he would hiss and run off, so we kept it out of my daughters room so he could go in for his sleep and cuddles when she went to bed. Eventually he got the courage up to attack it and when he realized it was not alive he just ignored it from that point on lol.

Mungo on a neighbours lap, he loved everyone, except cat show judges :joy:

6 Likes

mungo looks like a mountain lion sorta

1 Like

Yeah he was very Puma looking in the face.

4 Likes