When should I put clones outside?

Good point, around here everyone I know who grows outside gets bud rot to varying degrees in the fall.

Not a problem you only learn from asking questions.

For 4 plants to get ready for outside, you could get away with a 2x2 ft tent. I would go 4x4 ft because once you start to grow you will want to grow 24/7 365. Always get more than you need, it’s future proofing your grow lol. For lights get a cheap Chinese led 600w they are more like a 400w in reality for a 2x2 or a 1000w for a 4x4 90$ eBay. They are good for vegging never used mine for flowering.

4 Likes

Needed possibly not, but will it help definitely, considering if you have a southern facing window and can throw them under a couple of screw in led light bulbs just to augment them a little till you can plant outside then you should be good.

Really if or once its warm enough to plant outside is all your waiting for.

Just consider some strain many not finish in time for our latitude, but thats where quicker finishing or auto’s come in handy.

4 Likes

Hey bud,
I’m just below u in Maine. U should start them asap if u want a good crop. I start mine indoors ( seeds) Jan 1st +/- couple days. I start 60, 5 different strains of 12 seeds of each. I keep them in my veg room with lights, lights on 18 hours and off 6 hours. I keep only the best females and take clines off them when they get big enough. U Dont want to run just any seeds or clones. Do ur homework and get varietals that will finish in time. I have some 15 year old crosses that are tried and true for Maine’s outdoor and finish by sept 15th. U need something like this my friend. If u can’t find d any lmk I will get u some for free.

3 Likes

I agree start early, pick and yield a few clones if you can. Strain focus for sure. long taking sensitive strains rarely survive unexpected coldness… So I am one year bitten ( wrong strain last year.) and this year prepared. Friesland Indica Time tested ( I mean that two ways. Famous for mastering Quebec winters and I also tested my seeds budding speed.inside. It smells like crazy. I have 5 under a dim able 600hps ( at 400w now) and side lighted with 2, 4ft, Double blue florescent tubes. I may be even better prepped next year, with twice or thrice as many smelly beasts and I was wondering what other quick strains perhaps less stank ( I mean the freeze doesn’t even try to smell like fruit or lavender, it’s smells like weed/nervous skunk bum. lol

Hate to be that guy, lol.

Nothing but :heart:, no offense.

That should cover the question if anyone has one.

1 Like

and don’t put them on a sunny deck, learned that last year. I was only doing 30min -1hr intervolds, and introduction to the sun, the fabric pots were kinda ok the plastic grow bagged plants roots fried and all year those plants did poorly. .

1 Like

This is good infor for this time of year. I’d rather put out clones that are pretty sexed than feel with seeds unless they’re fem.

1 Like

I got 5 Friese female, 21-29 " tall. They wake up with the sun. soon as the sky gets less dark, 5 am and a bit. sun is going down now. 8:13 pm.
last frost recorded in my hardiness zone May 11-20
By my count outside is still almost 12 hours dark. I guess I am stuck leaving them inside for a few more weeks.