Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 2)

20 Likes

I wish this was the case but it’s not. I used to fully believe this and thought it was noble to just let a rumor go assuming that the truth would come out and if anything I was just chiller for having let it go. Turns out people are really stupid and don’t ever figure it out. There are people out there who could tell you about some ridiculous thing or another about me that I even “confirmed” back then when I still believed people were smart enough to figure things out. Instead that’s just in their head and will always be the truth as far as they’re concerned.

6 Likes

My wife, son and I love star trek. It’s one of the early shared interests that bonded my wife and I in the beginnings, along with The Grateful Dead.

We used to watch TNG regularly and always believed it was the best of the new series.

When DS9 came around we tried to follow, but because it was largely serialized in presentation for many seasons, missed episodes and life caused us to stop watching regularly.

When my son started making his way through the series, years later, we all watched DS9 front-to-back. DS9 was the best. We agree.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve had similar things happen to me and my answer is always, “and you believe this person?”

I’m not overly bothered by it either way.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I would flat out say “yup that happened exactly like that, uh huh” and despite my obvious mocking tone they would just latch onto the words because it’s what they wanted to hear.

No biggie though. It’s hard to complain about people willing to demonstrate how unintelligent they are, or at least how willing they are to suspend their intelligence if it means hearing what they want to.

3 Likes

“I consider it bad form to talk shit about people so I’ll just say…this (whatever it might be.)”

One time I quit a job and management told everyone they fired me to keep up their illusion of power.

“So I hear you got fired.”
“And you believe that.”

It’s also good because it suggests they are a dupe for believing ridiculous things spouted by morons. Nobody wants to be duped.

7 Likes

Fuck yeah - Garak!! - such a great character - the tailor as the master spy…… love that archetype

2 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

eggs

10 Likes

I was forty with kids before I realized the count on sesame Street wasn’t just a vampire that liked numbers, he was the fucking COUNT

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

11 Likes

I’m a huge sci-fi tv show fan. Love startreks. Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Dr who… Babylon 5 is probably my favorite for politics etc.

11 Likes

lol i like all of them but stargate and battlestar are better

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly!

1 Like