Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 2)

9 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

We played sadistic elf on the shelf the other year. She would place it around the apartment and I would ruin it by hanging it from the light on a noose or putting it in a plastic bag in the freezer.

Great fun.

1 Like

:thinking:

7 Likes

Screenshot_20221207-124102~2

5 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Actually, not really. I used to do oil well logging down in TX. The Permian Basin (West Texas) Reservoir has enough Light Sweet for another 75 to 100 years an that is just one field in the US. The Red River Formation (South Dakota) has almost that much and the field in CO and WY are at least 40-50 years. This accounts for about 70-75 percent of all of our (US) needs and that doesn’t even touch the natural gas that is sitting under here.

We still have plenty of time to actually make renewables cost effective, that is if you don’t want nuclear, and if so, we could reduce FF usage in half and have plenty of power for EV’s for anyone that wants them.

10 Likes

4 Likes

@WMoon518 . well yea america do have a lot of fossil fuel . we used to be #1of oil … Dam politician always lying for there own agenda . making it sound like we running out of everything …

5 Likes

We have the technology already it’s just locked up by petroleum company patents.

I’m sure anyone who knows someone who works in Detroit can tell you stories. My uncle had a late 60’s mustang. He ran around for a month on one tank of gas. Ford technicians showed up one night. We made a mistake with your carburetor give use a second.
He ran out of gas that night

It’s also strategically better to use up other’s resources while holding your own in reserve.

3 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Look what happened with the Tucker, same type of thing. It was years ahead of it’s time and “Detroit” squashed him/it like a bug.

I’m not really talking about “efficiency” but the idea of switching to EV’s. Look at what is happening in Switzerland. They are banning, yes, that’s right, BANNING, EV’s. Their grid can not handle the stress and neither can ours. Here in CA, with only 20% of cars being EV, people were told, this summer, that they couldn’t charge their cars during the day or it would cause blackouts. Can you imagine if it was 50%? We need to develop the technology to not only collect/generate electricity but store it and transmit it efficiently. There is no way that we could switch to solar or wind on a large scale. At best, they are around 60% efficiency and there is no technology out there, if we could generate it, to store it effectively. The only reason we have power at night is because they continue to generate it at night. Any way, end of rant. It will be great when it happens, but that isn’t now, or in the near future.

6 Likes

yeah go totally solar on your average house will cost 25k+ and it takes up to 10 years to start getting a check from the electric compaqny for a mere pittance plus where do the EV lovers think the electricity comes from to charge their cars…

1 Like

6 Likes

Join the resistance! Ohmmmmm

14 Likes