Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

5 Likes

7 Likes

Speaking for myself, I don’t believe laziness needs an “excuse.” It is it’s own reward. :rofl:

4 Likes

I demand that you be productive at all times at great expense to your health and well being.

2 Likes

Well, I am productive when it comes to bong related phlegm, and that’s pretty much all of the time. And speaking of that…

Where is my bong?!

4 Likes

I think as adults we’ve forgotten how to play. Play is important. I like to play with words which you could argue is not very productive.

Shit, even children are so loaded with homework they don’t know how to play either.

5 Likes

Looks like a heat gun.

I’m old and out of touch. What exactly is a “grundle” again?

1 Like

On a very serious note, I could not agree more. Play is so important for adults.

I feel like I was never really serious about anything for an extended period of time (at least a decade) other than bring a little joy into others lives. I never liked work. People are simply too serious for my taste.

I cannot express just how grateful I am to not be a child today. I accept I’m not a “fully formed” adult and never will be, but that is far better than to be a child today. I’m so fearful for my grandchildren, and they seem to be doing fairly well in this ridiculous world today.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I like to 3D print, paint, and then play on a tabletop with toy soldiers.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Up here there used to be a grade 13 but they eliminated it for budgetary reasons so a whole grade is supposed to be made up for in
homework.

But I agree. Most are too serious. A sense of humour about yourself goes a long way with me.

2 Likes

I don’t know what I’d do if I was somehow unable to joke about myself.

When I went to high school in N. Vancouver in 1967/68, it “only” went to the 12th grade.

Lots of buildings don’t have a 13th floor. Probably budgetary reasons too.

2 Likes

4 Likes

My building doesn’t have a 4th 14th or 24th floor either.

1 Like

Are those floors for infrastructure? Or, did they really skip them to look taller?

2 Likes

They skip them because their clientele is mostly Chinese and 4 is considered very unlucky.

I might be wrong but I think the character for four is very similar to the character for death.

3 Likes

How many floors does your building have? Kitchen, living room, den, etc. don’t count as separate floors. :wink:

2 Likes

One. One floor.

The building is around 30

2 Likes

There’s one building in New York that skips 10 floors to seem taller. I’ll not mention the owner’s name due to political issues.

2 Likes