Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

I find that very interesting. I’ve always counted generations in 20 year increments regardless of what a generation may be called. I’m not sure that I was ever consciously aware of any one I personally know who counted a generation any other way.

Recently, however, I was talking with one of my oldest friends, someone I’ve known since we were in our mid teens. He told me he counts generations in terms of significant events that happen. By that definition it’s possible that people who are the same age could be counted as different generations because they didn’t experience the same things. Made no sense to me. To my way of thinking that makes the designation functionally useless.

Definitely makes it more useful! :+1:

1 Like

Dank grammar! Deeper than deep grammar! I love it!

5 Likes

you’re half right anyway. like the chart put up in the comment i replied to, the significant events are not something counted just because you experience them, but because you fall into those year ranges for example, the boomers. if you were born in some country in 1946 that didn’t have a resurgence of births after returning troops came home from the war you were still a boomer.

it only makes any real difference to us today and i’m sure that in time, the rest of the world will fix it when they look back on it so they can properly count the generations as we can now for everything prior to the 20th century.

9 Likes

:rofl: :poop:

:heart:

8 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

A newly discovered wondrous pool, which lies 700 ft. below Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico, has never before been seen by human eyes. This cave pool, which appears to be completely “virgin,” was found in Lechuguilla Cave, one of the world’s largest and most famous caves.

6 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes