Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

Plus they can feed directly to EV charging stations and charge for the charge, becoming a revenue center.

1 Like

isn’t that wheel pretty damn heavy?

2 Likes

oh man, i actually don’t like those rare shit shows when i need to put my shirt off. these are the most intense and painful ones, sweating and all that. but sometimes i think the relief afterwards is kind of worth it lol

2 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

can you just buy a coconut and leave it alone for a while and get them? if it’s that easy i’m gonna buy three of the today and put them up for a while.

3 Likes

and then you have those places in the us where they have gone the other way completely and sell bullets in vending machines in the grocery stores…

i guess you just have to look at the motivation.

2 Likes

I find most of them have enjoyed too much unearned success.

I have some apple trees that are espaliered (sp?) that I purchased from Home Depot. They have 4 varieties grafted to one trunk. They’ve done very well. I had 3, but lost one due to girdling by a mouse. The company that used to supply HD apparently went out of business, as several other nurseries also stopped carrying them.
There is one nursery that still has some, and they have some very interesting varieties one the tree, like Northern Spy, Gravestein…older varieties you never see in a store, but they’re selling their trees for $300, way out of my price range.

Fun fact about apples that I’ve posted before. They don’t grow “true”, meaning if you take a seed from a Red Delicious and grow it into a tree, you have no idea what kind of apple you’re going to get. So all trees that you buy are grafted from cuttings from older trees.

2 Likes

IYKYK

Just sayin’

1 Like

The Hidden Oil Rigs of L.A. :scream:
Before Los Angeles was known for making movies, it was known for making something else; oil.
Believe it or not, L.A. used to be a small seaside town until the late 1800’s. In 1892, Edward L. Doheny discovered the first successful oil well near present-day Dodger Stadium. The Los Angeles Oil Field became California’s top producing oil field and in 1901, there were 200 separate oil companies active there.
Over time though, the city was being built on top of these oil fields. While Los Angeles doesn’t look like the oil giant it once was, there are still a number of active drill sites all over the city. These oil rigs are hidden in plain view on high school campuses, attached to shopping malls, and located inside buildings that otherwise look like regular office buildings.

4 Likes

They shouldn’t be using specialized equipments at all except shooting glasses if you ask me…

4 Likes

Outta likes, damn it.

I think that’s an interesting question. As it turns out, a wheel of Parmesan cheese weighs approximately 75 to 88 pounds (34 to 40 kilograms). Almost certainly she had help placing the wheel against her chest and perhaps removing it too, although gravity would definitely be a useful helper for its removal.

There’s some other interesting information about Parm besides the weight of a wheel in this article.

https://www.chefsresource.com/faq/how-much-does-a-wheel-of-parmesan-cheese-weigh/

1 Like

Yes it’s interesting how it varies around the world. In the UK they sell alcohol at petrol stations, last time I was there I saw bottles of Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels backlit so well at the counter that I started to want a drink at 10am. Yet they have also banned all alcohol advertising, so if I watch the cricket where the Australian teams are sponsored by alcohol companies and the pitch has alcohol brands all over it, but watching it from the UK there’s all sorts of filters and A.I. running to blur that out. In the UK getting caught drink driving would mean almost the end, the stigma of it is considered really bad and it’s pretty hard to insure any car above the smallest 1.0L hatchback. Meanwhile in Australia every sports team is sponsored by an alcohol company, listening to any sport coverage on the radio is pretty much impossible if you’re trying to not drink, for all the references to the sponsors. Car accessory shops are full of alcohol branded car seat covers and accessories.

1 Like

Or hey get me a beer

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes