Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

At the grocery store today

3 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

It’s Lake st. in the city of Chicago…

Did you know…
U.S. Route 20 is a major east-west highway in the United States, stretching from Boston, Massachusetts, to Newport, Oregon. It is the longest road in the U.S. Highway System, spanning approximately 3,365 miles. The route passes through 12 states: Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Oregon.
In Massachusetts, U.S. Route 20 begins at Kenmore Square in Boston and runs westward through Worcester, Springfield, and into New York. In New York, the highway traverses the state just south of the New York Thruway, passing through Albany, Syracuse, and Buffalo. As it continues into Pennsylvania, it skirts the shores of Lake Erie.
In Ohio, U.S. Route 20 runs parallel to the Ohio Turnpike, passing through cities like Cleveland and Toledo. In Indiana, it goes through South Bend and Gary before entering Illinois, where it runs through the Chicago metropolitan area. The route then crosses Iowa, passing through cities such as Dubuque and Waterloo.
In Nebraska, U.S. Route 20 cuts across the northern part of the state, while in Wyoming, it goes through cities like Casper. As it enters Montana, it runs through the southwestern part of the state before reaching Idaho, where it passes through towns like Idaho Falls and Boise. Finally, in Oregon, the highway runs westward through Bend and Corvallis, ending at an intersection with U.S. Route 101 in Newport.
U.S. Route 20 is significant for its historical and scenic value, traversing a diverse range of landscapes including urban centers, agricultural areas, and mountainous regions. It also passes by several national parks and landmarks, making it a popular route for road trips. The highway has undergone various realignments and improvements since its establishment in 1926, reflecting changes in transportation needs and infrastructure development.

9 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes

Outta likes.

I did not know that. I’m only familiar with U.S. 20 basically from Bend to where it intersects 101. That stretch alone is both beautiful and varied, from high desert to near rainforest conditions.

Thank you for that tour. :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

My best freind, his wife and I went to the medival fair last weekend, we got stupid high before going in, one of the traveling jesters stopped me and asked where my torso was, he said such a fine torso should be on display. All of us were dumbfounded, had no fuckin clue what he was talking about, we just shrugged it off and kept walking, my dude even assumed he may have been hitting on me which threw me way off. An hour later we found a spot to smoke a joint and as Im lighting the joint I looked down and realized i had a camo pattern shirt on, never felt so dumb in all my life, but my camo shirt was the butt of his joke. Neither one of us got it until that moment. It will be remembered for many years to come. Idiots🤦‍♂️

4 Likes

Anyone, anyone…

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes