Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

Pretty epic food fights, lol

2 Likes

I love the smell of rotten potatoes in the morning.

1 Like

5 Likes

Alarm clock

6 Likes

4 Likes

Literally one of the most unique rotten smells out there in real life. worse than bad meat

2 Likes

Speaking of meat, this looks a lot like meat…

6 Likes

My nephew left a bag of potatoes in his closet for 6 months. It was closed so no one smelled it until it was discovered. They had basically liquefied. Made everyone in the house puke.

6 Likes

Sadly, it’s coming down

1 Like

I believe there are two primary varieties of orange, the Valencia orange (thin skin, can more challenging to peel, a juice orange) and the navel orange (thick skin, easy to peel, an eating orange). Both are grown in California commercially and at home. I don’t know about Florida.

Valencia oranges are juicing oranges. They’re also the oranges you want to use to supreme an orange.

While more unusual, there is also a thin skinned orange called a Texas Juice Orange. I think they’re just a Valencia grown in Texas, but perhaps they’re a genetically slightly different. They seem like any other Valencia to me.

I do believe that most frozen orange juice comes from Florida oranges, though I certainly don’t know that for fact.

2 Likes

You can see that those are square nails in the alarm clock rather than modern wire nails. Additionally, those may be hand cut rather than machine stamped. You can see how the head of the nail on the left is somewhat triangular, and those on the right are not particularly symmetrical either. Those indicate they are likely hand made.

The heads of machine stamped nails tend to be more symmetrical as well as square on the bottom, like this one.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I had a tour guide tell me that settlers would burn down their abandoned buildings in order to reclaim the nails.

1 Like

4 Likes

This tree is grafted to create 40 kinds of fruits

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes