Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

I’m interested, but still hesitant to document. Dumb kansas needs to figure their laws out. I can’t help it growing naturally tho. :wink: gotta plant my outdoor girls so they look like volunteers. Hah

If anyone wants some seeds from last year’s lady I cut. I’d gladly share. They are so small compared to what I’m used to. We called that plant phoenix because she some how survived the burn when we were clearing the thatch. That’s probably why there are so many this year. They can actually see the light and don’t have year’s of grass holding them down.

This will be fun regardless. Thanks for the motivation. :+1:

8 Likes

I’d totally be interested in some seeds from it. :slightly_smiling_face: Might have to start my own little patch.

2 Likes

The wife and I had an outdoor crop growing down in Florida 1984. A camper parked in the middle so we could ‘watch over’ our babies, lol. Anyhow, we’d toss any seeds found out the window of the camper by the table. We found a bush volunteer growing over our homemade septic system, dug it up and transplanted into a secret growroom inside camper. Kept that gal growing for several years! Clones cut and grew was some awesome ass grass!!
I say go for it! Ya never know how it’ll turn out until you give it a try, lol :wink: :sunglasses:

edit… that gal just kept growing and growing lol When it’d get to 8’ tall and looking like a christmas tree, in the room we had for it, I’d cut it back a few feet and it’ just grow back up and curl downwards lol Unfortunately we lost it after a few years in a flood. Fond memories of it though!

10 Likes

Shoot me an address and I send you some! :wink:

:seedling::green_heart::rhinoceros:

2 Likes

So just because I am watching this bud site closely here is another pic of the mutation.

16 Likes

Looks like fasciation.

4 Likes

Could be but it really did not make it elongated, it’s 2 separate buds. Either way is still pretty cool. It’s like it topped itself, lol. Also interesting to see the stock on this plant. It goes to the right and than up which is weird since I did not do any training. It also shot a root out of the stock well above ground which I have not seen before either. This thing really wanted to live.

11 Likes

I can’t remember the name of it but it reminds me of that trait where the plant will have a square stem but no branches and just piles of leaves. The buds will often just stack up side by side.

1 Like

nice! I tend to get a few volunteer plants each year after a breeding project. Did you plant there previously? or did they spring up from seed that was already there?

That would be pretty cool to inherit an outdoor line from the previous owners of the property.

if the smoke is good and it’s adapted well enough to your grow environment to perpetuate by self seeding, you might want to keep a nice looking male and let the line seed again to keep it around.

1 Like

Well, last year there was about 6 or 7 volunteer plants. We had just moved there in April, and the place was so overgrown. :wink: But we found them and clears the “weeds” from around them. I had some females I put out there that were nearby, so I was culling the males. There were no seeds in my plants, but the one female that looked pretty good, had some. But we had burned a bunch of thatch that was in that area last fall, and this year there’s tons of volunteers. There could have been some that seeded it I never found, but we were pretty thorough when we started identifying plants on the land. We’re actually doing a study to see how the ecosystem changes as we remedy many invasives out there. Serecia lespediza, red cedar, Russian olive, crown vetch, teasel, and a couple others. Thanks DOT. Lol

But yeah. This year I’m gonna play with them. :seedling: Want some beans from the one I harvested?

Also I don’t know, but the previous owners seemed like they didn’t partake, but that’s hard to know without asking. They definitely didn’t do a thing to their place the 15 years they lived there.

3 Likes

I had some grow like that way way back from bag seed. They didn’t produce anymore, maybe even less as i remember. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok all you PPP fans, here is your Saturday update. Now I know some of you wanted pollen so I decided to see what I have so far and I must say, at least a couple people will be getting some of this lovely yellow magic.

34 Likes

Those plants are looking mint bro, nice work :facepunch:

4 Likes

I missed the Big Bang last week but good job looking great! That sure seems like a ton of pollen. And a ton off seeded budsites!

3 Likes

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Juuuuuuuuuuiiiice

4 Likes

That’s a nice pile of pixie dust!

Each of those vials will make a ton of seeds! I want one, but almost want that one split into 4 lol

8 Likes

Hella yeah. That’s alot of pollen :sneezing_face:
Awesome job on the collection :clap:
1/3 of that size bottle would actually last me like 10 grows :laughing:,
I’ll be sure to use some on my PPP seeds also from the Paranoia Purple Paralyzer 2020 Preservation run, so we can keep the seed train moving.

I guess your gonna have alot of ppp croses in the future as well.

6 Likes

I would b honored to have some of that pollen I would definitely use some then pass it around to other OG’ERs .

4 Likes

To be honest I have no idea how much pollen is needed :rofl: Someone said 2ml so that’s the vials I grabbed. I am also not done collecting, gonna milk these things for all they will give. Figure if I am going to do it than I am going all in. It’s amazing how much is there really, tent and light are caked in it as is everything else. Gonna be some cleaning to do after this run for sure. If less is needed than I can break the vials into 2 or 3 and send them out. It’s all back in the dish drying now but I was curious how much was there. Even split in 2 its 24 packs so far so should be lots to spread around. It’s coming OG, pollen shower :rofl: :rofl:

16 Likes

Some pollin about the size of a grain of rice can seriously seed a whole tent. I use a Q-tip, dip it in the pollen. The tap it over a few separate branches. When I seeded my last 3 ft tree, the whole thing was done with a few dabs of a Q-tip.

If you broke down the viles into 1/4s I’m sure there would be tons :wink::smirk: for anyone to make 1000s of seeds.

11 Likes