Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

Good luck there :balloon:

7 Likes

Hi @gerojota! I haven’t seen you since I came back. Good to see you.
:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thanks, appreciate it. I see you have been gone a couple years, welcome back.

4 Likes

Even an empty cup is always full…

5 Likes

Well it’s a sad day for one of the little PPP. I dug her out today as it had not broken the surface and the tap root is dead, RIP little one. On a happier note the other one has broken out and is starting a new life. May have to pop a couple more to be safe, just need 1 female.

30 Likes

Hey DD,
Just wanted to share that your timing(lunar) for the original 2 was spot on.
Lunar cycles and seed propagation:

Of course I’ve had seeds pop for me in the 3rd quarter but overall much better germ rates when I follow the Moon.

14 Likes

Well it’s another sad news day. Woke up this morning to the remaining seedling keeling over. Never had a seed pop a tap root and die on me yet here we are and 2 are dead/dying. Same coco, same nutes, same lights, I just don’t get it. Well there is no way I am giving up. Just dropped 4 more seeds. Here is hoping this was just some weird thing and the next 4 will grow big and strong. Sorry to let all you folks down but this is not over, just delayed 8 days. Those first 2 seeds will not go in vein.

17 Likes

I have been having the same issue this year. Same everything.

:seedling: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :wilted_flower: :seedling:

7 Likes

Just weird, the 2 plants in the pic have had the same exact things and they are thriving. Oh well, can’t let it get you down I suppose. I have 9 seeds left, 4 in water. Just need 1 healthy female to get this done. Hopefully the next 4 fair better, no the next 4 will fair better.

15 Likes

I have heard all my life this. When farmers follow the moon cycles their crops are much better.

5 Likes

It’s the wuflu

1 Like

Hi Doug, you could try this method I grabbed from Serious seeds, good luck anyway … beer3|nullxnull

How to germ.pdf (1.9 MB)

7 Likes

Thanks George1961. I use this method to an extent. I use a germination station instead of a plastic bag and bury the seed with tap root a bit under the surface so it helps remove the shell but otherwise it’s much the same method. This is the first time to ever lost a cracked seed let alone 2. A bit disheartening since these seeds are hard to get but this time will be better. I appreciate the info, it’s a pretty cool PDF to add to my collection so thanks very much for it.

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me on my Zamaldelica grow.
Turns out another poster told me Ace recommended planting directly into medium. And it worked!

4 Likes

I have never done that but I may this time. This strain seemed sensitive. Could just be I screwed up somehow but it was going text book until it hit the coco. Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

3 Likes

Here’s the link and thanks @tomGT :

3 Likes

I plant directly into medium every time. Vegteble seeds or canna no difference to me. Usually get around 90 percent germ and no paper towels to fuss with.

9 Likes

Yeah!
Like wth is with tomato seeds?
I plant two to a pot and up pop three!

7 Likes

When they ferment the seeds to prepare the tomato seeds for storage they sometimes stick to one another as they are so thin, therefor it may seem like you are planting 2, but you easily could have planted an extra without realizing. I’ve done it many times.

8 Likes

I am open to try. I have always used my method and have not had one seed not grow out but hey, they fill libraries with the stuff I don’t know. Many roads the the watering hole. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

7 Likes