Re-working my growroom to see if I can get a better crop AKA Kelly's heroes

Here are the plants at 22 days under the lights. The changes seem to be working. I have 4 plants that are bigger and take up the space 6 plants used.

I was right about the temp. The room was running at 75-78 degrees but now it is running at 83-85 degrees. Up 10 degrees like I talked about. The same thing happened last time I painted a growroom flat white. I have ac I could put in the window but I think this grow I will get some co2 instead for this grow. By ed and mal and Jorge I should be ok with these temps if I use extra co2. I have 4 lemon og haze autos for outdoors this summer so I can shut down the room during summer. Once I get the tent set up I will also install the ac because with two grow spaces in the same room will make it why to hot.

2 Likes

All right, it’s update time. Am I ever pleased with the changes. These four plants are felling the room. Man these plants are doing well. At least ten bud sites on each plant. I had to put down my other pan to have the room for each plant. The last grow a finished six plants in one tray. Here they are.

I am really excited and can’t wait to see them flower. I should have a room of buds then. Should be a much nicer picture then the last time. Until next time.

Have a great day and better tomorrow.

5 Likes

…couldn’t find my damn baking sheets…wouldn’t ya know… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

ok it is update time. I flipped to flower lighting today. About 6 days earlier then I did my last grow. These 4 plants are taking up more space then all six plants last time.here are some pics.

I took some clones off of these plants. Two lower branches off each plant and was going to veg them outside for two to three weeks and then move them under lights. I would have had plenty of room in my last grow but this one I don’t know. Ok I will update as they start showing flowers. Thanks for watching.

5 Likes

:evergreen_tree: <— says it’s always better to run short on space than on weed…

(sensei morning)

2 Likes

Ok here is an update on my grow. The painting of this space has made a great difference. 4 plants taking up more space then 6 did. I have 10 clones I am trying to root right now. Thought I would put the clones outside for 21-28 days then move them under the lights. Not going to happen. I might have space for four clones. I will have to trim them so they can grow outdoors in till the girl Scott cookies is done. Remeber these plants were flipped to flower lighting on 5/30, 13 days ago.

Here are a couple of the flower tops.

The changes have really helped and I can’t wait in till the are covered in bud.

8 Likes

Sorry I should have put a space between each picture. I think you can tell the different pics I have up.

Looking great buddy I’m jealous :grin::+1::+1:

I am doing an experiment. I was going to selective harvest my plants as they matured but decided to do some experimenting. I have removed the four shorter branches from my tallest plant and I am going to defoliate my shortest plant. I will post some pictures later. I also had to bring the plants out of their room. The temp is supposed to be 96 degrees today and I can’t let my room get that hot. It runs seven degrees above the house temp. It will get over a hundred degrees under the lights. I hope the plants think it is just a cloudy day. We will see. I will have to watch them very close now for male flowers. It is a chance I have to take. The light and heat will burn them up if left under the light.

1 Like

Heat issues can be solved by using fans and installing ventilation system throughout your grow area.

When the opportunity arises check out replacing the HPS with a LED. Heat issues are much less with the LED.

3 Likes

Found this heat issue resolved by using cfl’s emitting retroactive low heat.

1 Like

I have three fans going in a 4x4 space. I have a 6 inch inline fan bringing cool air in and a 6 inch squirrel cage fan taking hot air out. The only other thing I could do is add an air conditioner. Having very limited funds I don’t think that is an opinion as I can’t afford the electricity. Hopefully they will be ok. Tomorrow the temp is supposed to drop to 77 degrees. Here high 70s to low 80s is normal this time of year. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

Update time, I am running my experiment on defoliation. I used the shortest plant to remove the vegetation from. I also cut the four branches off of another plant. They would have never finished in time. I am also going to try selective harvest on them. Rather then cut the whole plant down I will be using my microscope to check for ripeness. Then you cut what’s done and let the rest finish. We will see how it goes. Ok here are the girls.

A pic with my new microscope.

Hope you all enjoy. I will get better with the new microscope.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar situation of heat problems and i’m in a arid climate(19% RH today)…so i’ve been planning to make my own swam cooler. freeze water in your freezer for block ice… cheggit:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diy+swamp+cooler+bucket

i think you can rig you intake to use something like those on the you tube (?)

power to the poor farmers!

:evergreen_tree:

Dude here in NM, that’s all we use is swamp coolers. They are very efficient in dry climates. If we get our annual rains, it doesnt work for those few days so well. I use AC in the grow room for that reason.

2 Likes

We can’t use swamp coolers here. The humidity is to high. When I lived in the northwest swamp coolers were very popular. I have an air conditioner but can’t afford to run it. So I will figure something out. I wanted to do an outdoor grow with autos but the first set of seeds did not pop. I finally got some autos that popped and are growing outside. If this works I can shut down the room during the hottest part of the year. I will be starting an outdoor grow log with the seeds I got. So look for it.

3 Likes

Darn I forgot to add my update on the plants growing. They are half way through the flower period. Lights were set to flower on May 30th. The experiment am running has been very interesting. I have found that the plant I defoliated and the two plants I did nothing with are growing and budding about the same. Nether one has gotten any bigger then the other. What really caught my eye was the fourth plant. That plant had the leafs inside removed to allow airflow. The rest of the leafs were left on the plant. If they did not block the light or airflow they were left alone. That plant has seven tops and is growing like crazy. The buds are much larger on it then all the other plants. I will have to stake the branches because of how big they are getting. None of the others will need to be staked. For some reason I can’t post pictures. I will get it figured out and post them latter. Thank you for watching my grow.

2 Likes

I think I figured out why I couldn’t load pictures. Here are the ladies. The first couple are of the plant I just removed enough leaves for air.

Now the rest of them.

A couple with the microscope.

Some more pics.

Ok hope you like them. Next update when they I start checking if they are ready to be harvested.

7 Likes

The heat got me. On my best plant all the pistils have died back. It is losing its leaves. It hasn’t done anything for over a week. There are some white pistils on the lower buds but they are all curled up. Here are a couple of pictures.

If you enlarge the picture you can see the red pistils. The girl scout cookies have been set back a couple of weeks. Here’s a picture.

The other two plants have been growing but not as fast. Here they are.

And the other one.

I will just have to keep an eye on them. I don’t know what to do with the one not growing. The trichomes are about 50-50 clear and cloudy. Time will tell.

5 Likes