ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

Too late, that wall with the door in my previous post was where the old sheetrock was removed. Don’t get me started on how the door is installed! I found three old beer pull tabs in the wall by the door, that must explain it.

12 Likes

Mothers getting a little leggy. Note there are 10 plants in this 10"x20" tray. I have to do this every couple of weeks.

33 Likes

I have outlets like this in my old 1940s house too… flip the light switch and it switches on half the outlet in the room or a specific outlet. Oh how it would be nice to live in a more up to date house lol

6 Likes

Our house is 14 years old.

And you always got it going on bud. I need to come by more often. I’m just so overwhelmed with everything right now. I’ll be stopping back through seeing how this masterpiece is going to unveil. How did the Skywalker OG come out? Did you already squish it?

I love those cadtools dude I used to mess around with 3D modeling graphic design web page design CAD AutoCAD. That’s awesome program you got right there. Renders it pretty cool. I’ve been away for awhile I remember when it all just was blueprint. LOL

4 Likes

Nice layout Mr R!
If you get pressed for space you might consider using 3/4” ply for the wall separating the grow and flower rooms. I have used this a couple times in tight spaces to maximize room.

2 Likes

Skywalker came out great as usual. Yeah I’ve squished it, and vaped it all. Need to squish more. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Awesome. If I was your neighbor I’ll be harassing you to squish all my shit all the time. It didn’t sound right at all I mean will work for hydraulic press machine that turns weed into beautiful golden honey. Yeah man that mother fucker. I’m off track already I hope everything turns out wonderful for you and Skywalker get on that definitely life’s short LOL🤣

2 Likes

A little more progress today. Been removing the tile from the workshop. Still not settled on what I want to do with the floors yet. It’s in good shape pretty level and no cracks that I’ve found yet. Any suggestions?

14 Likes

1 piece vinyl floor, tough, waterproof, easy to clean and fairly cheap.

I have a large piece of white roofing rubber in my flower room works great. Its also fleeced back for gluing, but I laid it down, and then put my base boards down over the edges. Has an R value of 2 as well. You wont find that though, I used to do industrial roofing and collected off cuts.

4 Likes

It’s for lamp lighting. Old school. My place has it too.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Luxury vinyl planks are cheap and easy. Easy to replace too rather than a tongue and groove and ripping out half the floor. Just heat with a blow dryer peel up and stick another one down.

2 Likes

I bought some waterproof snap together stuff for a bathroom from Home Depot on sale. It is extremely easy to install and I used a utility knife to cut it. I’m thinking about tearing up the floor in my grow room next fall and installing it. I went to Olie’s discount store and the discount stuff is what I may use. I did a 12x10 area in about 4-6 hours once I got rolling. And it looks like hardwood…which is nice.

Edit: vinyl snap together

1 Like

Very cool. Looking forward to watching the process and seeing the end result

1 Like

With the old flooring completely removed, I decided to get the walls prepped for paint. As you can see, I was getting some mold buildup behind my cabinets.

First step was to spray everything down with vinigar and let it set for an hour. I ran some errands and when I came back my house smelled like a salad. After that I added about 8 tablespoons of baking soda to a half a gallon of water and used that to scrub down the walls.

I’m pretty sure I won’t be needing a land line in the grow room anymore. So I filled the hole with some hardware cloth and taped over it.

You can see the hole is filled now, along with any other random nail holes that were in the walls. I also put a bit of a texture over the bare sheetrock. Most of that will be covered with the cabinets anyway. A little sanding tomorrow and it should be ready for a coat of KillZ.

And I need to decide what I’m going to do with the ceiling. My intuition says sheetrock it, I’m sure the humidity isnt going to play well with these ceiling tiles. What do you all think?

21 Likes

How old is your house? You have to be careful with those old drop ceilings. Older homes those can be made with asbestos. I just would not go breaking those up and breathing it. Wear a mask. :mask:

7 Likes

Sheet rock will make it look a lot better, I hate cieling tiles. It’s a pain to put up by yourself, I bought a drywall lift when I started the basement, got one for 120$ at Princes auto on sale half price, it made it so easy. I have loaned it out to friends quite a few times, I was going to sell it last year, but the wife said to hang on to it, in case we have to sell the house and get a fixer upper, if workers compensation keep screwing me over

9 Likes

My house was built in the 70s. Yeah it’s probably got asbestos in it. I know my old floor tile did. Trust me they were not happy when I brought that to the dump. LMAO.

8 Likes

Just a thought, but if humidity is a battle you fight, maybe consider those green boards that they use in bathrooms…

Edit…proper link

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sheetrock-ultralight-mold-tough-1-2-inch-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-drywall-gypsum-panel/1000152285

7 Likes

Excellent point. All new construction will be bathroom grade. Sheetrock, lumber, and paint will all be for high humidity. :+1::seedling:

17 Likes