Results are in: The solution to mold/rot is to increase bud quality

If I add extra potassium will I get super sized buds?

3 Likes

So you have pest resistant strains and figure mold and bud rot are caused by potassium deficiency?

Yes quality bud can get budrot or mold.

Sorry but I disagree with that totally. Mold is mostly an environmental issue and can happen on the healthiest of plants. Pests attack vegetation no matter it’s shape. I cannot believe a spider mite or thrips would just ignore a plant because it was healthy.

How exactly did you come up with your screen name?

10 Likes

Are we sure boron doesn’t have anything to do with it? :wink:

16 Likes

Actually plants have a systemic aquired resistance. And in healthy plants this resistance is very strong which indeed does prevent pest attacks.

5 Likes

Forensic linguistics points to no.

But I appreciate it anyway.

6 Likes

Check this out…I found it…

1 Like

I would acknowledge that it may help to an extent but if you bring these pests into your garden it is very likely they will take hold regardless. I suppose its really the wording. Pest resistant is not pest proof any more than mold resistant means it can’t get mold. Just lowers the odds IMO.

5 Likes

I would never trust anyone calling himself MasterBreeder … frech|nullxnull

10 Likes

I agree with @George

5 Likes

9 Likes

“Hey…Peg”!

2 Likes

All this talk about mold and pests makes me want to immediately hug all my plants.

2 Likes

Its like saying the organisms with the “best” genetics dont get sick/develop health issues. Which we all know is true. Its what separates elves from the races of men.

3 Likes

Depends what books you’re reading. :wink: I read a series where the elves were mostly coke-addicted mallrats who liked to hang out at the Ren Faire when they weren’t seducing teenage girls and wiping their memories. Slightly different presentation than Tolkien’s elves… or maybe they were Tolkien’s elves if they’d stayed in Middle Earth, a few millenia of immortal boredom later. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Plants only get mold if you’re vibrating at a resonant frequency that unlocks the spores through the crown chakra. If you have done the correct obeyesance to Krishna and face west three hours per day, your garden will never get mold, AT ALL.

4 Likes

If they’re so badass why’d they dip out to the Blessed Realm as soon as humans started building cities? Oh sure they say the Valar called them there but the reality is they couldn’t handle a few damn orcs and goblins and men.

1 Like

@Novicebreeder is wrong on this. Will causing a nutrient deficiency cause your plant to get sick easier, well duh yes it will. Are healthy plants more resistant to pathogens well again duh. Is the only way a pathogen can attack a plant a nutrient deficiency. OF COURSE NOT. Thats like saying people that get sick must have bad diets. Do bad diet contribute to disease. Yes. Can you have an infection even if your diet is a 10 of of 10 ? again yes just you are generally more able to deal with the pathogenic infection. All you have “proved” is you can ruin weed by feeding it wrong which we already knew. Let me save you time. Every one of the essential nutrients is necessary for a plant to be healthy. So mister scientist did you keep any logs? and temp or humidity data? you know the basics? Sorry but your tone set me off and you are a joke on top of it.

5 Likes

Boron Dude! Haven’t seen that Cat in awhile.

4 Likes

Krishna? dude I was meditating on vishnu threw my root last season and ended up with mites. This explains it

2 Likes

I think it’s a typo, and it should say: The solution to bud quality is mold free! hah hah

3 Likes