Running Acapulco Gold 12:12 from seed thoughts

Just wanted to know what others though of / had any experience with growing a sativa 12 12 from seed in a 2 gallon pot of coco. I am short on space and also want to tame the growth.

Thanks

10 Likes

I’m sure others with more experience will chime in, but you could also consider vegging them a bit then running rooted clones at 12/12 or even 11/13.

I have some Guerrero green x Michoacán going from a one foot clone in one gallon pots. They started flowering right as I put them outside about 9 weeks ago and they are still 4 feet tall!

I hear the clones help keep height down as does the smaller pot.

6 Likes

I personally don’t like 12/12 from seed, it doesn’t flower until it reaches maturity anyway.
What I would do is as the colleague says, grow the plants and start with rooted cuttings directly to flower, no veg… making veg in 2 gallons of coconut is a lot, trees are made, the 12/12 I would start flowering in a 3-liter pot or less and when the stretching is over I transplant a larger one… anyway I don’t know anything so let’s wait for the experts. Blessings.

7 Likes

TBH, I’d wait to run AG until you have the space to do it right. This plant insists on getting BIG and arguing with her is prolly a losing battle.

Lots of good info in the AG Repo thread:

Acapulco Gold Repro

-Grouchy

2 Likes

It should work well. Here is a similar strain, Canabiogen’s Panama, run on 12/12 from seed in 2-3 gallon pots.

Panama Pink resized

11 Likes

I did a month long veg but trained them to be very short. They exploded into 4’ monsters.

@Pigeonman is working with 2 weeks veg right now I think.

5 Likes

I totally am! It pissed off the plants to be nice and smol. If that’s your goal try it as it’s working for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I topped a 12 week Sativa once and it worked out well. I topped it around day 17 of flower. I’m vertically challenged for headroom.

2 Likes

Plants need to mature so they wont start flowering for a few weeks anyway, you would be better off vegging them for that time. Use topping and LST to tame the growth. Or at least that’s what I would do.

6 Likes

Recently I took 4 clones in 2 gallon fabric bags
Let them get 6 or 8 inches tall and flowered
They finished at 4 feet tall and were topped & super cropped
Great yield

Tent hight was 57 inches filled up quickly

3 Likes

It’s what khalifa genetics does for their seeds runs, so I imagine the plants wont get huge

1 Like

Planted directly in 1 gallon pots and from day 0-14 I ran them at 24/0 before flipping to 12/12 has resulted in a sativa run I could have done in a 2x4 :rofl: :+1:

Jalisco :mexico: Landrace (from The Landrace Team).
Pictures taken mid flowering week 9 of 12.

Jalisco_Group_Side

My “teachers pet”:

My 2c: "It works!**

5 Likes