Seed from clone of a Feminized Seed

Hey Guys!

Finishing up some TailDragger (lovin in her eyes genetics), and found a seed in good shape.
This was part of my first ever grow. Harvested in August 23.
Here she is…

And here’s the seed pulled from a lil nug I was packing into my vape last night

Is this seed a copy of my plant? Or is it now random taildragger genetics? I had a clone from a feminized seed.

Thanks everyone!

12 Likes

Almost certainly just a random mix of whatever genetics the mother was… unless the mother is one of the few IBLs in cannabis, anyway. Even then it wouldn’t be a copy, just mostly similar. Typically these self-pollination seeds are called S1, in this case Taildragger S1. They have a slightly higher chance than an outcross of being similar to the mother, and a slightly higher chance than an outcross of reinforcing any negative recessive traits the mother has hiding, like hermaphroditism… which it definitely has, if you’re getting unintentional S1s.

8 Likes

Plants under stress of any type will trigger that recessive gene that @Cormoran mentioned above

If you’re only going for yourself, grow it out could be fun to see what happens ,chances are it will be a female . if you’re growing to make seeds to pass on and sell I wouldn’t use it for

7 Likes

I figured thats how I got it. Either light stress or water stress.
Just wasnt sure if its a guaranteed female or not. Im typing this as me and the guys at work just rolled a fattie with Taildragger. Still a great smoke and hits nicely. I may keep that seed and pop it one day. I just dont want to mess around with any males.

And as far as selling… I just happen to know a couple of guys who grow and sell locally. I’m growing for myself and family/friends only. They get free weed :100:

Although, if I get my 100% disability rating, I could up my growing game a bit :thinking:
Kidding!!

3 Likes

You could test it to see, it is possible, at least in my mind.

2 Likes

I meant selling seeds it wouldn’t be ethical to sell the seeds even though some companies do it

2 Likes

Thanks Cormoran!

I kinda thought it may be due to stress. Its honestly the only seed Ive found so far out of the almost 3oz that one pulled. Down to last couple of nugs now.
My buddy who grows for a living got major seeds in his run. Maybe I got lucky? I got my cut from him.

I didnt save any of the 4 strains from any of my grows, but I wouldnt mind trying this seed again at a later time.

I know nothing about cannabis genetics and definitely not interested in breeding, at least at this point in my short one year of growing…

TailDragger was a cool, and easy to grow plant. Premium genetics. I may save this seed for a future Ocotpot grow. Hopefully not male…

3 Likes

It’s no good , send it to me and I will throw it out in The dirt. Jk , it probably wont be male.

7 Likes

This is too funny. I thought you were talking selling weed…

2 Likes

lol!
I’m gonna put it in line with all the others.I cant believe how many seeds Ive got now. Lots of ILGM and stuff I got from the Veterans giveaway. I really need to trade off some of them ILGM seeds. So far, theyve been good for me.

6 Likes

That seed is a gift from the plant. It’s a gift just for you, and probably a female and smokable. But it might be the best thing you’ve ever smoked. :fire:

If the mom is great smoke, I’d pop it.

13 Likes

I like your thought-process, rasterman!
She’ll go into my seed bank (sounds official, but tupperware container in fridge) and I’ll run her again one day. Have limited space with Octopots, so I grow them fairly spaced out. Two in the 2x4 and one in the 2x2. Gonna take a while to go thru everything even once!

Like…Years. :100:

4 Likes

Hey, that’s what I said

3 Likes

Dont worry, Hashpants…You’re cool too!
Triple Vulcan Salute :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: cool, without a doubt :100:

3 Likes

Do you have any white widow from them? If so I’d be interested in trading :v:

People like to hate on Seedsman, ilgm, and the like. Some of theee old school white label seeds have surprisingly good plants in their midst. I grew 20 of these years ago, every one of them was better than the black widow I’m running now.

4 Likes

Um… isn’t everyone’s seedbank a Tupperware container in the fridge?

8 Likes

Fridge, yes. Tupperware? No.

8 Likes

You’d be surprised. I’ve seen some pretty insane personal seed banks.

Really liking this one in book form. I’ll have to look into a more suitable and easy to navigate storage solution.

Nicely done @joheimgrohen :100:

5 Likes

If the plant was fem and there were no males around it will be fem too, had some Chiquita Banana do exactly the same thing.

3 Likes

Thanks! Thats what I was hoping. All grown from Feminized seeds, then I was given the clones to grow. This seed came from TailDragger clone.

From other responses, I’m not so sure what to thnk.

2 Likes