Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Pure Kush (Suge) x Uzbekistani Hashplant: CLOSED!

21 Likes

25 Likes

I’m new around these parts but would love to take part. Is it cool if I add myself to the list? I read through the entire Skunk91 thread and really dig what you guys are doing, this is how Cannabis breeding and growing should be.

10 Likes

Definitely add yourself! Make sure you send in your info so we have it when we send seeds out.

8 Likes

One odd thing I have noticed about this cross is that they have no tolerance for a lack of root space. I started these in 5 inch wide 6 inch deep pots and as soon as the roots got to the bottom of the pot the leaves started to burn and distort like the worst nutrient burn ever. They had not been fed at all , I rely on good dirt for the first month and it was a standard seedling mix I always use , new out of the bag. These were by no means root bound and were about half the size of what I would normaly transplant to avoid root issues so i normaly wouldent assume root space to be a issue yet. The bigger plants were the ones being effected and the only thing I could think of that was different with them from the smaller ones was the size of the root system. I quickly gave them all bigger pots and Within one day of transplanting to a bigger pot ( containing the same soil mix) they were happy. Also there were no visible signs of stress in the root zone, happy healthy white roots. In 20 years I’ve never seen a strain be so sensitive to the amount of space the roots are given, it normaly just regulates the plants size. These would have not survived another week with out transplant and there were not even enough roots to hold the soil together when transplanting. Hopefully this trait dosent pass on the the next generation but to those who get and grow these, if you see leaf curl and burn and you know your soil, ph, moisture and nutrient levels are correct , give them more space.

19 Likes

…So you about to transplant those into the fabricpots?

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

They just got put into the pots there in , they will be put into slightly larger smart pots in the near future

7 Likes

Just sounds like a kick ass outdoor strain to me! I’d love to test that theory in my garden! lol Give those roots free reign!

Edit: On another thought, I have had that experience with certain plants. I thought they couldn’t stand the seed starter mix, I always thought anyway because as soon as they hit the dirt they were happy. Didn’t occur to me they were root bound because like you said it was always on the smaller side.

10 Likes

Good info, cheers brother.
I’ve invested in some anti-spiral (AKA air pots) for my next spring planting, I’ll make sure that these don’t ever land in there. Thanks again.

6 Likes

This is a common trait in many landraces, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about or anything that you would need to select against. They simply don’t have the same level of breeding for cultivation in containers or under artificial lights, so you will often see minor sensitivities like this.

6 Likes

Adding myself to the list, thanks all this is awesome, excited to try out this strain!

2 Likes

@zephyr definetly no selecting against it this round, every plant was effected in the same way and I’m doing a open pollination with all plants to preserve as much genetic diversity as possible. I do have some pure uzebeki beans that would be fun to run in the future as a comparison.

10 Likes

Very cool project.

Mr. B gave me some pure Uzbeck beans at this past Emerald cup, along with PTK. I have a couple of each going now.
Maybe we can do an Uzbeki Bx.
Are you keeping clones around of these?

If not, I would be able to put beans you’re making to use for the community.

10 Likes

I was just thinking about saving a cut off two of these girls. Some are short , thick and have large indica style leaves the others are more lanky xmas tree shape with smaller leaves similar to most hybrids. I have a few uzebeki seeds myself but would be more interested in a bx to the suges pk cut but good luck finding that in pure form right. Out of seven seeds that popped I got 3 boys and 4 girls. I male is short and fat and 2 males have the xmas tree structure and are identical in appearance so far but one appears to be more prone to powder mildew. I say this because it is the only plant in the garden that it has shown up on. I treated it right away but am looking at it sideways now wondering if it should be ditched in favor of its stronger brothers. I plan on a open pollination with both the males and all females I think it’s better to exclude the one boy with pm problems and breed towards the stronger specimens.

11 Likes

off that weak sick dude
not good to have those genetics passed on
thanks for doing the work bro !!

8 Likes

These sound interesting also, if any left would like in on this one also.
Thank you

2 Likes

Female

21 Likes

Is this a female here? :mag:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Male

16 Likes

Female

Female

17 Likes