Soil ph problems

They look like they could use their nutes upped a bit first… They are kinda light. Don’t worry too much about ph yet… see if they respond to a slightly higher veg formula feed first. Just my opinion

3 Likes

Yeah thats basically the plan I am going with. I agree they look light to me as well. Just been so long since i seen a live plant. Got to get this figured out before i leave for work for 13 days and leave it all for the wife to deal with. Not to mention our rug rats she needs to take care of. I appreciate everyones help. I will start a grow journal on my next grow. Too embarrased to document rookie mistakes on my first one😰

3 Likes

Trust me if I’m any example to look at you shouldn’t be. I’ve made nearly all of them so far in the year I’ve been on the site.

2 Likes

That’s what makes this site better than rollitup. The attitude here is much more pleasant. Everyone so helpful. I lasted a day on riu before I said eff riu. I still use their promo code on seed buys though hah

4 Likes

Take advantage if you don’t want to be there of course :blush:
You’ll find many of us on here are very welcome to noobs and all the mistakes. Especially mine. I’m very thankful for the patience here

3 Likes

Took some soil to my local hydro store. Man some great people there. He tested it for me and currently it’s right around 6.0. Plants have really perked up and put on some foliage. Business is booming in Canada. I was there for around 30 mins and in that time at least 20 customers came in bought supplies and left quickly. I am pretty sure the plants were over watered and the roots were dying for some oxygen. I bought some paper strips for ph testing while I wait for my pen to arrive. Thanks to anyone who helped.

6 Likes

Here is what they look like now

6 Likes

A pH pen is going to make things a lot easier and a lot more accurate for you. The best way to check your pH is to do a slurry test: mix equal parts of DRY soil from near the root zone and distilled water (about an ounce or two each), stir well and let sit for 15-30 minutes before dipping your pH pen in for a reading. Adjust the pH of your nutrient solution to raise or lower the pH of the soil as needed. I’d also recommend using an EC/TDS/PPM meter to visualize the salt buildup in your soil so you can decide wether or not you need to flush. High PPM would indicate a flush might be necessary. Nectar For The Gods makes a liquid bonemeal (Herculean Harvest) that is great for flushing excess salts from your soil, and also liquid limestone and phosphoric acid (Olympus Up and Hades Down) that is good for pH adjustment.

Does anyone know of anything else, besides plain water, that is good for dealing with excess salts in your medium?

Link to a good pH pen and conductivity meter.

Get NFTG stuff here.

4 Likes

A Tablespoon of finely granulated dolomite lime(per gallon of soil) mixed into your soil will stabilize the ph, if thats what your worried about… No fuss, no muss. Plus it adds calcium. Easy street. Good luck. :slight_smile:

4 Likes