SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

Thank you. Also which driver do I need to purchase

2 Likes

Depends on how you want to run them. Mines on a Chinese 24v driver. You could run 2 rows of 6 on there own 300w driver or all 12 on a single 600. It’s when you want dimmable drivers when it becomes expensive. I’ve had no experience with the meanwell drivers so I’ll leave it to someone else to answer. @anon58740919 @Baudelaire please help out

2 Likes

Im trying to keep cost low and not have to buy multiply item… I appreciate your advice

1 Like

30 posts were split to a new topic: LED Drivers: Cheap generic drivers vs Mean Well?

Last one can some give me a link to where to buy Strips…Looking to get the real deal

1 Like

Buy solstrips??? @Baudelaire is who created the strips and runs a USA business selling them. If your UK the go to guy used to be @anon58740919 but I’m sure all his stock may be gone now. Give either one a pm and see what you can work out

1 Like

Thank you…i will do

2 Likes

Your welcome mate. You won’t be disappointed. It’s my single best grow purchase ever :+1:

2 Likes

I used the last 4 of 200 for my own light. All solstrip sales to be directed to @Baudelaire directly whether you’re UK or Uzbekistan. Pm me if you want a custom cob rig though

1 Like

Five SolStrip X2s at full power on an HLG-240, probably about 250 watts, is well within their operating specifications for full lifecycle operation, or about 50,000 hours. Roughly 10 years of continuous grow lighting operation. You should be fine. -b420

2 Likes

Thanks that’s excellent news mate.
Gaz

I think @Esrgood4u has got it right almost right. I’d recommend going with two sets of 7 X2 SolStix, each running on an HLG-320H-24A driver. With the Mean Wells’ top end hitting 350-360 watts, you’d have 700+ watts over, say, 16-20 s.f. of actual canopy, or 40-45 w/sf.

2 Likes

WW from under your build -

the bud on the left is the one that searches for the blue from the cola cube :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Gaz pal hope you are keeping well. I have that same driver running my 9 strip rig just now. At max it draws 300W from the mains but it looses around 20W in heat so you should get close to 280W.which would push 6 strips to their max and they will get pretty hot. If your running less than 6 strips it could damage them if you turn it right up. I aim for a max of around 35W per strip to keep temps down in the tent. Some folk run them flat out which is fine of you can deal with the heat :thumbsup:

3 Likes

You have to take driver loss into account bro so add around another 20W. Four strips at 40W each is 160 + 20 = 180W :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I don’t have the lights ( 5 strip rig) at full but nearly, and I have no heat issues, i have a small clip-on six inch fan aimed at the rig and an extraction fan running nonstop.
I am gonna run them at max ( i need to get me one of those plugs to see what im drawing from the wall)…
The driver i showed is for a six strip rig and was wondering about if it needs adjustments when it’s wired to the six strips or it automatically takes them to wattage/voltage needed for whatever is wired to it .??
Anyway thanks for your advice and any other advice is welcome pal …
Btw im doing ok but not brilliant , hopefully your Mrs and yourself are keeping well.
Gaz

3 Likes

Not that exact one mate but yes I run one :+1:

1 Like

Cheers for correcting me @Albannach. I’m not an electrician so keep me right please mate :wink:

2 Likes

That driver should do just fine running 6 strips bro, you can turn both of those wee screws (trim pots) right up and if it does get too warm you can always back the current (the one marked i) off a touch. It will automatically hold the current and voltage within range so no worries there. We’re doing ok too i think, ups and downs as usual. We’ve both had a stomach bug thing but getting over it now (i hope) and trying to put the bad shit from this year behind us. We have the hi-tech lighting now so next year we concentrate on growing :grin:

2 Likes

In my previous grows where the preflowering lights were led bulbs, 6.330 lumen in a 0.2109 m² (does that equals 30.000 lux?) , the plants had a stretch ranging from 250% to 480% (and that’s with LST and super cropping).

Now that I’m using solstrips for the first time (3 2700K solstrips x² at 100 watts more or less since I haven’t meassured the power draw) and from what I’ve gathered from this thread should give me around 202 lumen/watt, around 21.000 lumen; I’ve kept the canopy at 6 inches I’ve had like zero stretch, My plant was 4 inches tall before flowering (granted with training) and been 20 days after switching to 12/12 the plant’s stretched a whole 1 inch.

2 Likes