SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

Mixed colors? Plus extra letters

yep so do the cxb, just saying from these stats that they are more efficient comparatively when (both) are run harder. looks like they are about equal when driven soft.

1 Like

the white light is full spectrum. i don’t think additional mono blues and reds are necessary. couldn’t hurt tho i guess. maybe some of those far red initiator pucks for lights on/off or whatever. i’m flowering ok under 4000k white light, i bet 2700k would be a lot better lol, that’s what my next upgrade will be and this will be veg fixture

3 Likes

Here’s mine, in progress. 5 Solstrips, 5 heatsinks, 1 Mean Well 185watt, 24a driver. Made to fit my grow cabinet.

21 Likes

Hey @legalcanada, this is mostly true and I recommend the A drivers for most situations, as most growers are going to do a “set and forget” to dial in their volts and amps and then stick with their settings. Even if you are dimming for veg, the integrated pots on the A drivers just seem simpler. That said, if you leave the dimmer leads open on a B, you’ll get a similar extra wattage bump on the top end. Once you add the potentiometer you lose it.

-b420

4 Likes

This is looking good man. I notice the washers on the mounting screws. This is important when mounting SolStrips - use a non-metallic washer between to screw head and strip to protect the PCB from crushing that could damage the circuits and lead to dark diodes. I like nylon washers, but felt or rubber will work as well.

-b420

10 Likes

Thanks @Baudelaire I’ll swap’m out before I hang it.

1 Like

@LED_Seedz thanks for cracking the lid on that light. I have exactly the strip you need to rebuild that light in production now, with delivery expected in early January. A 36v SolStrip designed for use with the 36v drivers that are found everywhere in commercial mid-power and COB LED lights.

Here’s a peek at the prototype, in 2700k and 5700k dual-spectrum:

Your drivers would run 3 of these strips at a highly efficient 50% of max, and would give you about 25K lumens/m2 across your canopy at 12 inches. Might be able to mount them all on your existing heatsink: what are the dimensions on it and your case? The X3 strips will be 40x400mm. I will have custom SolSinks available for the X3s as well.

-b420

8 Likes

The case I tore apart and pictured was an Apollo 6 so a bit shorter than the ones I want to use. The 10’s measure 23" x 4" and there are two to each case.

Nice little details that can really make the difference.

Great comment!

4 Likes

Those sinks would probably work then. Sounds like you’d have enough area to mount four of the X3s if you wanted, ditch the old cheap drivers and put in a new Mean Well 200 watt, doubling your photon output with just 30% more power.

2 Likes

Christmas came early…

15 Likes

Yay!!! New lights and new seeds Merry Christmas!!!

6 Likes

I’m gonna start following dis as I’m really wanting to add supplemental LEDs on the lower side walls of the grow room

4 Likes

I was given 10 4’ LED display lights. They are heavy duty magnetic alumn. light strips… What I was wondering can these be upgraded? or would they be worth upgrading?

4 Likes

The aluminum looks good at any rate.

Bet you can reuse these, or at least parts from these, just fine.

Need the right size replacement parts. :tools:

4 Likes

Can I choose Canada as a shipping and bill address yet? Or is it this pos iPad the problem and not showing the correct options ? I have kits (seems only 2 now) sitting in my cart here for 9 day I’d like to buy these lights.

1 Like

Hi @50State sorry you hear you are having trouble. Please contact me at sales@solstrip.com and I will help you process your order.

5 Likes

Shipping is now available to most countries including Canada, Australia, Mexico, UK, Europe and Central and South America. Please contact me if you’d like to order to a country not listed on our shipping list.

3 Likes

Stock update

Next restock mid-January.

2 Likes