SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

So my plants had a rough start, I am grossly out of practice and these LED had a learning curve…so by the time I got things dialed my plants had gone lanky. Yes, the room has to run hotter then I would run under HPS at least 4-6 degrees hotter, I tried at 78F and the performance was terrible, I bumped up to 82-84 and it was like magic for the plants, they just exploded… As well it wasn’t till I was 3 weeks into flower did I get my C02 operational… So I have been messing with C02 levels trying to find the sweet spot…I had it near 1000 operational but have since dropped it down… on the wall the setting will be lets say 800 but operational in the room it will move between 800-1000 as the generator cycles on and off… right now at week 5 my on the wall setting is 560 but the room is operating up to 760 ish… Next run I can start the plants under C02 so I will get a better handle on it and have plants fully adapted to it… I have never before used this style and level of control equipment so there has been a bit of a learning curve to it all… I am running the Link4 Iponic 624 and its ridiculously good …it was a hard pill to swallow financially but I do like it and the quality is really good…

And back to these lights, this is a hell of a grow for 1300 watts… able to spread the light so evenly, and the intensity is insane, no issues with penetration depth as far as I can tell…I am eager to see how this crop finishes up, I have no experience with these strains so who knows, but usually from here we we should see the buds really start to pack on the weight and size… I can hardly wait to add 4 more panels ! going to be insane !

3 Likes

Thanks this lighting thread is what drew me here and by the look of the buds the lights are doing there job!

3 Likes

I went all in about a year ago when I bought these panels and in the end it was well worth it… I had one crop with them already but I had many issues, I still pulled some nice ripe nugs, but the plants took a beating from a root virus… Then I was busy all summer with work and just couldn’t get enough free time to setup… Anyways long story short this is only my second round with these lights, and considering the rough start and unknown genetics I am impressed…I see quite a bit of crystal already and am already starting to get some nice fruity smells starting to layer in…I even have a few buds starting to show purple… I just recently dropped my night temperature down a few degrees to help trigger a little more color…also dropped humidity a few points… IMO for a state of the art home LED grow these SolSheets are unrivaled when you look at cost per light coverage…

3 Likes

here is a few pics today…some nice purple starting to show, good crystal for how young it is…one thing nice about these lights is the plants can physically touch the light without damage, maybe no ideal but I’ll let it ride to see what happens LOL …

8 Likes

My build. 6 2700k, 6 3500k, 2 455/630 powered by (2) 320h-24a

9 Likes

Nice build and some good looking plants ! How did you determine the height you show in the pic it looks quite the distance from the tops? I like your choice adding the red blue strip just to the right is that another led build bar?

2 Likes

Pictures may be deceptive. The tallest top is 17" from the light surface. I’ll lower if I feel I can get away with it. First time running the stix so not sure how my plants would react and they had low lighting before this. The fixture to the right is (4) QB304

2 Likes

Thanks yes the pic is making them look feet above not inches ! Courious to see what difference the stripes do compared to your cob lighting! Should see something in the coming month.

1 Like

Those are the same chips to the right they are just made from a different company and configured in a different way. It’s also not a fair fight. These strips are pushing 700w+ and those QBs are 520w+. I do like the spread better though that came with spending 4 times as long wiring and spending more on wire and wagos

3 Likes

45 days into flower. Getting close to harvest

11 Likes

Is this an FDM strain? Looks great

1 Like

Thanks, I can’t wait for it to be done. What’s FDM?

1 Like

48 days into flower… 1300 total watts draw on these BAD ASS SolSheet X x 8 … GH 3 part plus Cal/Max…EC 1.4-1.6 PH 5.5… I keep my food simple, I don’t add anything on top of the standard GH except some seaweed solution and at stages a shot or two of Jacks Calc/Nit .

11 Likes

So my impression of these lights is that they are truly fantastic, they can provide huge intensity of light without damaging the bud, every tip looks pristine, no oddball foxtails, fantastic crystal production, everything is picture quality… production per watt should at least double that of a single ended 1000 watt HPS with a overall higher quality of product throughout…my personal record was being able to pull 1 gram/watt with a 1000 HPS using light movers and a whole pile of lights in a very large room , I can see doubling that here with this crop and doing 50% better with my usual strain…All in all I am happy as shit that I bought these SolSheetX lights…best lights I have ever used spanning back to the late 1980’s… I should also add that I don’t have my drivers turned up, my lights are running anywhere between 85-92 F ( 29C to 33C) , well below their maximum threshold of 60C ( 140F )…

5 Likes

@nitro after reading yours and a lot of others I guess I’m going to have to give one of these Solsheetx kits a try. I need a new veg light and after looking at quantum and cob kits I think these are going to be it.

3 Likes

You won’t regret it !

Just be aware these require a little higher room temperature then does a HPS or MH…I had some struggles till I figured that out…

2 Likes

So, 1300 watts on what area? I mean how many watts per sq ft?

1 Like

My veg closet is at a constant 78.

2 Likes

So I have 2 rows along the outside walls of a long narrow room…the room is 6’9" wide, 16’ long… I have a 5x5 tent on one side for veg, and for flower I have 2 rows with a framework of 1/2 PVC 30" wide by 9’ long, however the growing canopy is 34" wide at the top… so 1300 watts covering a total area of 9’ x 5’8" …plants had some struggles at first and are as much as 5’ tall, 18 different phenotype of 2 different packages of seeds…so some issues with no second row of mesh, and plants that got tall and lanky before they got healthy ( raising room temp ) …I was at 78 and had to jump to 82-84( 84 w C02)… I am adding 4 more X Sheets for the next run…so I will be adding another 640 watts over the same area…I should add that I may be slightly under 1300 watts of draw as I don’t have any of my drivers maxed out… I have a meter and will test tomorrow night and get the exact precise draw… Looks like I am running 25 watts per Sq/ft…

As I say this crop is nice and I am happy considering, but the potential of these lights with a more even canopy would be insane, right now I have had all sorts of issues, I have plants that are anywhere from 2’ tall all the way to 5’ tall,All I could do is put the shorties on one side of the room the tall lanky ones on the other, I actually have them starting from the tallest and working down to next shortest plant…I have the shortest plants stacked up riser and the tallest plants tied over like a bow in a effort to get a even canopy… Also I only have one row of mesh as I ran out out of the fittings needed to build the second row and by the time i got them it was too late to bother… So all things considering these lights are awesome and I am very happy I bought them, super lightweight, super bright, cool to the touch…extremely flexible in their usage and give much more even light distribution then the 1000 watt HPS they are replacing…This room used to run run 2 -3 horizontal air cooled HPS , but the gram per watt was very poor due tot he size limits of the room…these new lights fit the room perfectly ! Also to add the plant colors are coming out super nice under these SolSheets, I have nice purple buds and some nice lavender bud…density seems really good too, every bit as dense as bud grown under HPS if not more, and best of all there is just a ton of nice pristine tops with no light burn or damage.

2 Likes

I tried 78 but it didn’t work for me, I ran 78 with HPS and it was dialed…plants are funny sometimes

2 Likes