SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

No problem, that’s what this thread is for.

We fully recommend operating small (under 1000w) SolStrip systems at 12" from the canopy. I have several tops sitting at 6" from the diodes of a 320w rack right now, with no burning or bleaching.

Good luck with your system - you’re in good hands with @ReikoX and @Jellypowered, but feel free to contact us at SolStrip.com with any design questions as well.

2 Likes

Yes, this cab is setup for single runs. Veg and flower in both spaces.
I leave the lights at 385w from the wall start to finish, even with seedlings. My logic is, they are so far away from the lights that they aren’t getting full power until they grow up (inverse square law) so in essence, the plants are controlling their own intensity. I haven’t lost a seedling yet due to light burn using this method. As they grow taller, they get more and more power and stop stretching/bulk up!

You got this, you can do this!

2 Likes

@Jellypowered thanks bruv. Appreciate the clarity. Just ha dwondered if you cut the power as they got closer but obvs you don’t vary it and as you say nooo issues.

1 Like

sup guys.
Today arrived here mine 8x solstrips X3. I want some help to decide how I’ll power up. I don’t have heatsink ATM.
I was thinking on 2 options.
1st.: four X3 on one hlg-240h-36A (I have two hlg-240h-36A and can mount two setups)
2nd.: six X3 on one hlg-240h-36A (and took two X3 for build a veg tent).
Which is better to run withouth heatsink? or it will burn on first seconds like a COB? My tent have 1m2 and 2 meters height

2 Likes

you should make one w/7 panels.

you mean three on 240h for veg and four on other 240h for bloom? all strips on same panel??

You should run two panels.

I would highly recommend you wait until you have a way to cool those strips

I work for a company that manufactures LED flexi strips for architectural applications, amongst other things. Our warranty is instantly voided if they are installed without an adequate heat sink. The lifespan of the diodes is reduced significantly at higher temperatures.

$0.02 CAD

2 Likes

X3 SolStrips are designed to run with some type of heatsink. They are not safe to operate alone. That’s why we sell a custom sized heatsink for them. They will burn up without something to mitigate the heat they throw off.

You should use four X3 strips per 240w driver, wired in parallel.

4 Likes

I really wanna buy yours heatsinks but have no chances to do it ATM.
It will cost with shipping, excluding BR taxes, 193.42 USD but for me is something like to pay 773.68$ because 1 usd is 4 BRL lol hahaha
I can’t pay this price on aluminium plates lmao so fckng expansive.
Can you send me specs for heatsinks that I can run it safe?

1 Like

I found this one but I don’t know if it’s ok for these leds Thermal Resistance: 1,53ºC / W
Material: extruded aluminum

1 Like

Nearly done ! Here’s a few snap shots ! the room smelling awesome… having some issues with buds falling over, so next round I’ll be sure to have a second layer of mesh

Uploading…Uploading…Uploading…

7 Likes

Uploading… Uploading…

1 Like

I would think anything aluminum would work. I can touch my heatsinks and they aren’t even warm. Maybe 70F tops. The room feels hotter.

2 Likes

How may watts and how many strips are you running?

I just checked mine with an IR gun. Im running a total of 8 strips at 250 watts total = 31 watts/ strip.

My strips are running an average of 85 F near the mounting bolts and around 88-90F between the bolts. There will be better heat transfer at the bolt locations, so the strips will be cooler at the bolts than in between. How much difference you have will depend on how good a job you did with the heat paste and how flat your sinks are, etc.

My heat sinks are heavy aluminum U channel. They are running from 77-80 F depending again on how close to a mounting bolt and how far from the center of the sink…

Room temp is 76F, but thats with fans on.

2 Likes

Ill run 4 strips X3 on 300w max on bloom, for veg Ill use 150W

I have no idea how you are calculating these absurd shipping costs. Our website doesn’t always calculate shipping correctly to countries outside North America and Europe. I can assure you we can ship 100 SolSinks to Brazil for less than 193.42 USD. If you would like us to prepare an actual order cost based on our actual shipping rates please drop me a PM here or at SolStrip.com.

Otherwise, I believe Brazil is a significant producer of aluminum, take @anon32470837 's advice and get some heavy U-channel locally. Pretty much any extruded aluminum, finned sink that fits the entire strip surface and weighs 4 oz or more for X2s, and 6 oz or more for X3s, will probably do the trick.

3 Likes

I’m fairly close to Brazil and shipping cost for me was 70 USD for 3 solstix plus a driver

1 Like

I got all my heat sink material from metal recycling places = dirt cheap.

2 Likes

@Baudelaire
this price includes 8 strips and shipping (65 usd shipping). I was thinking about it, we export aluminum to worlwide (includes USA) so I can find it cheap here but I wanna know a minimum specs. for don’t do bullshit using a low eficiency heatsink.
I powered up your strips for test and It’s perfect.
congratulations!!!

3 Likes