SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

Thanks for the good information dude I’m just basically using those for my auto chamber / veg area / clone area. But I still want to be able to flower underneath there. Hopefully if I throw a warm in there with a couple of kools little give off enough red light where I can get some decent little runs. I appreciate your time and help brother have a good one.
-J

2 Likes

You WILL be flowering under them bro - your auto’s … ( if you keep them in veg area - that is.!.)
Good luck whatever you do with them :+1:.
Just go at your own pace and you’ll get there mate.
Have a good week @Baltimore
Gaz

3 Likes

@Gaz29 and @Esrgood4u
hey friends i just saw you guys commenting on marsled’s post about solstrip and would like to ask a question if possible are your solstrip working perfectly? I ask this because I have seen in some diaries that some diodes sometimes die this happened to your solstrip?

I also want to ask @Baudelaire about if it has any warranty time when part of the diodes die short of use?

when it happens to die diodes is it possible to replace at home myself?

Note: I only remember the diaries of @leuh13 I saw solstrip with dead diodes the other I do not remember also I do not know how long use of his solstrip but I got this doubt about how long they work well before they start dying and can be a defect and if it is covered by any warranty.

3 Likes

Yes my solstrips work beautifully. 12 strips across 2 racks running at 600w so 50w a strip. Solstrips are not the cheapest option but certainly worth every penny of the extra cash. 1gpw yield is easily achieved depending on what grow system you run. With Chinese blurple lights if you manage 0.5gpw your doing well.
I can’t recommend solstrips enough. Best grow buy I’ve ever made and very stable when combined with a meanwell driver although cheap Chinese drivers work just as well if your able to monitor and adjust the power flux when it happens :+1:

7 Likes

@Shanti-ri mate ,
Iv had my SolStrips for over a year now and no diodes are blown etc. I believe @leuh13 has the X3 ‘Strips , so the diodes are blowing up on her - im sure she’ll maybe get a replacement. ?!!

I actually don’t think there’s a warranty - as it’s a diy set-up.
I have a 5 x 3500K strips rig and a 6 x strips rig of 2 x 5000K and 4 x 2700K strips.
Great lights and dimmable too. You’d have to ask @Baudelaire if they do warranties … hope this helps you mate.
Happy growing ,
Gaz

3 Likes

All SolStrips are individually tested before shipping and guaranteed to operate upon delivery. Our fully assembled lamps are satisfaction guaranteed for 30 days, returns are processed no questions asked. DIY components are difficult to warranty, as we have no control over how they are used once in the hands of the customer.

That said, we’ve yet to see a SolStrip LED “burn out” in normal use. We’ve only seen reports of diodes that received physical damage - customers who dropped tools on them, or crushed circuits by tightening steel mounting screws too tightly.

Premium LED diodes such as the Samsung’s in SolStrips are rated for 50,000 hours of 90% or better of their rated output. That’s 7-10 years of constant 18/6 and 12/12 hour cycling. Cheap Epistars and other generic diodes used by Chinese manufacturers like M@*s and others are not rated for the same longevity. Or efficiency and output, for that matter.

Warranties are only as good as the manufacturer who stands behind them. A good LED lamp should be trouble-free for many years. And sending a lamp back to China for warranty repairs, even if covered, will likely be financially unfeasible due to shipping costs. If you are concerned about your LED lamp breaking, you should look for a better lamp, not a better warranty.

10 Likes

Yeh it has to be said somebody I know who isn’t much of a fan of the people at SolStrips says they’re good lights and can take up to about 50W per strip and run fine so gotta be said if it is his SolStrips it probably was mishandled in some way I imagine too much power could blow some diodes on a strip :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

It was this answer I wanted to hear to continue with my certainty about what is my choice I was only with a little doubt about the possibility of the diodes die and know other people if they had this problem and what was the cause. :pray:

2 Likes

I have been looking at these lights of yours. Look pretty interesting. I run DE Gavita’s now 600/750 typically at 825 watts in the flower room. 1 WILL cover a 4x4 foot area, giving me plenty of par. They also PENETRATE a good 4 foot easily, my lower buds are not larf.

So in reading about these lights, I see 12 inch distance from plant to lights. Then said that moving then another 12 inch’s out gives up HALF their par.

I tend to grow tall plants under my Gavita’s as they will give me great light to the pots top’s. IF I were to go this setup, would I have to shorten the height of my plants? Do NOT want to grow 2 footer’s, most of mine will finish at 5-6 feet tall, and like I said, the Gavita will provide for them properly…How about these strips???

3 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

10 Likes

I’ve had mine running at 50w each for 3 grows now. The temps do get a little high for my liking but I’ve not had a single diode fail. This summer here in UK is really high temperatures so it’s a little harder to control without air conditioning. Normally the tent gets into the high 80s but this week it hit 95 BUT I do draw and extract into the same room and also someone had been into the grow room and closed the windows. I can’t fault solstrips for anything other than the price :v:

3 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

2 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

6 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

4 Likes

@Jetdro - The Inverse Square Law of Light applies to all forms of light, be it the Sun, a Gavita or a SolSheet. Nothing to do with the lamp, its just physics - the intensity of any light source decreases by half each time the distance from the light doubles. Distributed light sources like SolStrips have better penetration than single source lamps (HID) because they flood the light field from multiple angles, minimizing shadowing.

Two SolSheet X’s run off a single HLG-480H driver will light a 4x4 canopy at an average PPFD of 850 at 600w. Better, more even distribution of high-PAR light at 25% less energy cost than your Gavita. Plus no $100 bulb changes. Ever. There’s about an 18-month breakeven on SolSheet X vs. Gavita just on saved bulb costs alone, never mind the energy savings. PM me here if you’d like to discuss more.

4 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

6 Likes

I run 4 250W SolSheets - 18 strips total on two 320 watts PS (35.5w per strip) in a 5x5 tent and they run a few degrees above ambient temperature. Can’t say I’ve heard too many QB owners making that statement especially if they had to use a cookie sheet for a heatsink lol.

I have a 600 watt hid in a 5x5 tent on the same floor with the same inline fan (hid vents outside no filter) and within minutes of opening that tent I’m melting. Also I have to run the 600 at 30 inches from the canopy to try to deal with the heat.

The Solstrips out produce the 600 watt hid system hands down yield is closer to the 1000 watt super hps and they allow me to run at 2 to 3 inches above the canopy with no issues they require less headroom in the tent and provide even coverage maximizing your space. If the inverse square law keeps you up at night sleep easy with Solstrips. Running at 2-3 inches from the canopy keeps falloff to a minimum and provides me excellent penetration with no larf and if you want to see buds grown with them head over to my random photo thread.

Solstrips and LEDs in general may not be everyone’s cup of tea but if you’re looking for great LEDs and an easy turnkey or DIY solution for transitioning to LEDs give Solstrips a try.

11 Likes

Deleted off-topic post

1 Like

Arrived home to my Solsheet kit last night…going along side my hlg260 in my 4x3, looks like I’ll be dialing them both down to 180w to team up and cover the 3x3 portion of the tent.

6 Likes

Is that how you got your strips shipped to you? Brown paper bag? :hushed:

2 Likes