The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I love it here, I don’t like the cost of things these days though!

5 Likes

Murder fog does what murder fog wants!

I had this playing on my phone on my belt at work until a coworker politely asked me to stop as it was freaking him out.

I don’t like this at all. By the end of the first day it’ll be a sea of midges in my backyard!

2 Likes

Made it to 20C today on the East Coast here in Igloo .

2 Likes

Lol…Igloo?

It’s a long running joke on a couple of other forums that I post on , the “Southerners” labeled Nova Scotia “Igloo” because of temp difference lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

you seed addict, don’t you ever stop?!

1 Like

I donated in the beginning. I will stick to donating to my local places like Erinoak kids and Hospital for Sick Kids. St Judes is awesome but it’s local first for me.

5 Likes

So maybe someone here can answer this as the government web site sucks. I have been working for 5 years trying to buy a small sliver of Crown land. I needed to do this so I could buy the shore road in front of my cottage. After all this time I have managed to get the Crown land which is great and all that’s left is the shore road purchse. I cannot find the deed to my cottage property. Anyone know what I have to do to acquire a copy of it?

4 Likes

The municipality should have a copy of the deed transfer from whom you acquired it from, as they would charge a deed transfer tax. So I would start there buddy.

Next would be the lawyer who handled the property sale if you can remember who that was.

1 Like

I did email the woman from the municipality and am waiting to hear back. They are the ones asking for a copy. I also have the paperwork from the lawyer. It should be a simple thing to get a deed. I also have the Parcel Register I had to submit to buy the Crown land. Just a bit maddening how bad the Canada.ca web site is. I can get a Parcel Register, Death Certificate, Birth Certificate, Marriage License, everything but what I need, lol. Those clowns at the municipality also want me to do an accurate sketch of the property showing distances for everything. Nice of them to ask after the place got closed for the year. Not looking forward to the 8 hour round trip drive to spend half an hour with a tape measure. Fu#$&@(^($ government loves to make things painful.

5 Likes

ouch
is there a surveyor that can do it lol?
it would be good to have for future. I don’t even know how you would get them to do it.

can you view it on google earth? they have a really good measuring tool / ruler. accurate to the foot.

1 Like

Yeah they have to slow everything down with red tape to justify their wages. I could not believe the amount of paperwork I had to sign selling and buying a house, it’s ridiculous.

I still haven’t recieved my deed of transfer yet, but the property tax people have already sent me a bill lmao.

Apparently I have a resource forest on my acreage. The difference between a Forrest and a resource Forrest is 23c per 100$ value as opposed to 81c per 100$ value. So I phoned them and asked what resources my woods have that a forrest doesn’t, that raises my taxes an extra 58c.She didn’t know and someone’s going to call and explain lol.

The only things coming out of my woods atm is ticks, and they ain’t no resource I want lol.

4 Likes

I just had a very expensive survey done on the whole property including the shore road I am buying. Now my boathouse and dock are on that property as it’s the lake front but that’s all. Why they need an accurate sketch of the property I already own showing how many feet my shed is from everything and how wide my driveway is boggles my mind. All the surveyor did was the property lines. They want something like this.

Makes no sense since it’s all on my land and they already agreed to sell the shore road.

Oh yeah, I they are slow to pay but always early to collect. I wonder what the difference is in those 2 classifications of forest :thinking: Now I am curious, lol. Ticks you say, be mindful bud, little buggers are nasty.

5 Likes

20 years ago, transferring/sale of a house could be done with a bill of sale, ID, and our Deed, at the municipal office. It cost me $1 cdn to transfer houses between my mothers estate and my sisters house (we rented), by ourselves. Now the town offices require we have a lawyer do this now, there goes 10 grand for nothing…absolute garbage.

Yep, My sons’ widow is getting the fuck around by WSIB, despite the fact everyone else including CPP has accepted her as a common-law widow. Wasting money from a very small settlement on fucking lawyers and wolves in high heels (who are paid by taxpayers), deplorable.

4 Likes

WSIB play dirty. Worse they are severely understaffed and even more under trained in their responsibilities. I’m sorry your sons widow is having to negotiate that bs.

5 Likes

They don’t fuck around with shoreline. Building distances etc.

I stayed in an old bunkie that flushed directly into the lake. That ain’t up to code :+1:

4 Likes

This seems to be the way from what I have heard from others about how WSIB deal with these situations. It’s almost deliberate obstruction so their lawyers can gouge as much money from the person as possible. Being a government corporation you have no way to sue or be compensated by the bastards to get what is rightfully yours.

We have all our family member names registered on anything worth more than 500$ too avoid these problems should any of us die unexpectedly.

2 Likes

The rough part of the whole incident is that because of the nature of the accident, all parties have no access to the careless drivers (or the Companies) basic Car Insurance Liability coverage. Since 1911 workers families are inconsequential to the smooth operation of business. Private insurance is the only consolation prize here.

2 Likes

Yeah, problem is the sale has already been agreed to and what they want sketched has nothing to do with the land I am buying. Worse is the fact that they kept this requirement to themselves until it was the most inconvenient. Could have done it any time over the summer in the last 5 years.

3 Likes