The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Looks awesome!

I’m looking to get a citrus plant going - no luck with Sin City Tangerine Power. Great smoke and strong, but no tangerine to be found.

Hopefully I’ll find my citrus pheno in 2019! Not sure what cultivar but I will find one!

4 Likes

Ya i hear dat. I’m searching for that sour tangie taste and haven’t got it yet but I’m sure we will both get there.

3 Likes

true citrus i have yet to come across in my own hunt, saying that Female seeds version of C99 definitely leaned that way for some of the subsequent seeds i made from them.

4 Likes

Interesting - I just popped the last 4 seeds of a C99 f4 I had bought about 5 years ago… sadly only one is alive (3 popped, 1 never grew, 1 damped off). Well see what I get!

The rest were run outdoors years ago as C99 finishes up well in Ontario. They had a very tropical fruit scent but not citrus. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Any canadians have experience sending seeds to the US. I wanna ship some seeds to a member down south. Any idea of what I can expect at post office? I will obviously need to declare it. What items have u declared them as before. Thanks.

3 Likes

Haven’t but would like to know as well.

2 Likes

Hola Gang

I figure a little tutorial

So those you can get on eBay/amazon they are quarter holder and the washer get thin cheap one

The washer in the middle with some rice

We have to put seeds in there Hey !

Personnally I had a masking tape in case someone shake it

A Few staple name and Trader a date is also nice

I also tape a very thin cardboard on each side the same size as the envelop

Put i on the opposite side of where the stamps is on the envelop so seeds won’t get smash at post office

Enjoy

Bare

19 Likes

Hola Gang

A few picture got screw up I could not see

them when I was editing but you get it after all

were Cannadhian

Enjoy

Bare

2 Likes

Thanks @ barefrog that’s a great idea. I was more wondering if I had to declare what was in the package as well. I am assuming u declare " coins"?

2 Likes

Hola Gang

That’s the nice thing about this

its a letter you don’t declare nothing just

make sure there is enough stamp on it

ps: I mail all over the world that way
no problem at all

Bare

6 Likes

Hola Again

In the ols time when we wrote letter

we had to fold them to put them

in the envelop so Post machine are

design for that, In the state a letter require

a judge signature to be open not a package

so they don’t bother.

if u do it well you won’t even know there is
something in there

Bare

6 Likes

Bday card and pens works well. Put value $5 and gift on paperwork. Bubblemailer or small box.

If real concerned buy a cheap dvd and put them inside. Call it giftand dvd worth $5 on paperwork.

Ive also put them just in bubblemailer and small plastic container. Call them craft beads and gift on paperwork.
Usualy runs about $15-20 w tracking.

3 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the help. Just use a ghost address on return?

2 Likes

@PoppaPuff Well technically seeds aren’t allowed or at least specific one due to agriculture issues and invasive species, ours specifically because they are illegal federally down there, may be a legal state to a legal recipient but federally its still illegal.

Before we had a loop hole here in canada that we could purchase seeds as novelties fro anywhere and it was allowed legally as they didn’t contain thc or other psychoactive components.

Best is don’t tell, and be discreet, thus why you got that sign plastic version from me or the washer method above like @Barefrog posted which was gonna be my backup method as i have 200 nylon washers at home specifically for that purpose but if you use regular mail post you can get it through easily. 5mm thickness limit on normal mail, 20mm for oversized postage rates, but again technically we’re not allowed to send seeds that way.

6 Likes

I always use my address.
I donno i did have 1 pkg go for further processing but luckily it was cash being sent to California t buy seeds hahha
Maybe ive just been lucky

6 Likes

Hola Poppapuff

Be careful with ghost address

it has to be a real adresse or

else the machine will reject it

the sorter know if the address is real.

Bare

4 Likes

I put seeds in tiny envelope which goes in bubble wrap envelope, I don’t get tracking number and I send 2-300 at a time , they don’t give a flying fuk and I also buy hot pepper seeds from down south and have considered sending as those lol.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Still finding my way round the forums, didn’t know we had a Canuck section. So I will introduce myself.

I am in Nova Scotia, emigrated to Canada 13 years ago, can’t believe it was that long ago. Growing on a medical license, for the last 3 years, did a lot outside guerilla growing in the UK since the early 80’s. I am growing an organic perpetual no till.

7 Likes

Just got recaught up on this thread. Good info. Just gave a few girls a haircut. Gonna wait for the others to get dryer. Just testing wet to dry trimming in stages.

Now to put them with their sisters.

14 Likes