The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

My plants donā€™t look that big until theyā€™re a month old. Slow starting in the cold, or iā€™m a shitty grower. I think iā€™ve tried so hard to keep plants small I forget how to make them grow fastā€‹:rofl::sweat_smile:
Looking healthy! With the speed of growth you have going on, you better throw those into flower now or plan on flowering cuttings ( or a tree)
If the older plants turn out to be the string of pearls phenotype they will be about four and a half feet tall if you start flower now. (and that is with containing them with small containers.)Flowering older plants is always better if you can do thatā€¦ Just remember, You are driving a ferrari instead of a toyota. Youā€™ll need to use the brake much more than the gas pedal.

8 Likes

Timely words! Iā€™m totally a WOOOOOOHOOOO! kind of guy, so I need someone around who will say: ā€œUm, maybe not.ā€
I literally havenā€™t given them anything except homemade microbial tea, though, and it was just the once, I swear!
What do you mean by a small pot? 1 gallon? 3 gallon? I had considered taking the ladies all the way to 5 gal, but from what youā€™re saying, it sounds like that would be mayhem, yes?
I AM CHAOS!

7 Likes

If you put them in a 5 gallon pot And started flowering today it would reach 8 feet easyā€¦ And probably six feet wide.

6 Likes

https://overgrow.com/https://overgrow.com/t/keeping-sativas-small-with-upstate/108971?u=upstate

2 Likes
2 Likes

Jesu Cristo! :rofl::laughing::crazy_face::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Okay so then, Carnac the Magnificent, what if I vegged them 1 more week, but kept them in 1 gallons for the rest of their lives?
I have that thread on watching, but I thought I was doing it right!
It said 3 weeks veg, go from 1/2 gal, to 1 gal, to 3 gal to 5 gal!

It also says if the plant is growing fast, leave it in the pot for longer, which Iā€™m definitely doing, but based on the info in the thread, I figured I had another full week before flipping to flower.

Yā€™all really donā€™t think I do my research? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Iā€™m literally trying to follow the directions! :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

Edit: grumbles as he has to set up the 2x4 to be a flowering tent for a couple weeks

6 Likes

Reused ffof, I extra perlite lots, and whatever seedling mix mixed in from up pot. Oh ya about 1-2 hand fulls of ffof just so itā€™s not completely inert.

3 Likes

Sounds about right. Iā€™ve got an old post saved where Upstate talks about using half potting soil, half nutrient- dense soil (did that with mine as well btw), so it sounds like weā€™re on the same page, just using different brands.
Thanks for the reply!

4 Likes

The Oaxaca I grew was in a 3 gallon bucket, it was probably 5ā€™ when I chopped her at 16 weeks. I think it was 3 weeks veg then 12/12, they were in a one gallon container until they showed sex then into the three gallon. One girl I havenā€™t tried yet, sheā€™s hanging out.:+1:t2:

6 Likes

Your growth rate is twice mine.
You can stick to that formula above, you just might need to adjust a bit.
If you are confident you can keep these happy( looks like you can) in a one gallon for 6 weeks, flip at 3 weeks and go straight to one gallon. This would get some size to any short phenos and the tall ones would expose themselves ( dirty girls). Then, next transplant, you could go bigger with the short phenos and keep the tall ones contained until week 6. I canā€™t keep them happy in a one gallon that long, but I never tried fabric bags that early. Then i could do it.

6 Likes

I will report back with my experiences!

4 Likes

Ah I gotcha now @420noob . I was gonna say if the OxRS is too stunted just rip it up and plant some new seeds, I can send more as needed not a problem.

Nice Zacatecas @Motaco :banana:

Those are some nice healthy looking Oaxacans @HeadyBearAdventures nice work with those.

Now that sounds more like a dare, maybe even a double dog dare.

Spot on! I had a female Oaxacan PS that I took a cutting of and placed it in the flower room at only 6 inches tall. Sheā€™s now just a few inches past 4 feet in a 1 gal container at only 5.5 weeks of flower now.

Expecting a big yield on this one :laughing:

29 Likes

Yeah @deeez99 !
Lemme know if you need help moving any of that weight :rofl:

4 Likes

Branches might not be able to hold them up!

2 Likes

you could even double the yeald by placing two plants ā€œinsideā€ each other.

4 Likes

Just thinkā€¦Youā€™ll be able to tell people about that time you smoked a whole plant in one massive ripšŸ¤£
Seriously though, the PS kind of need to be grown big for any yield, but the smell and flavor is gold standard quality. Just epic. They stretch til week 10/ 12 or so.
Iā€™ve never seen one resembling bamboo like this one does.
Wow!
There is a short pheno in this line too. Absolutely covered in resin if you find it.

8 Likes

Started stripping off the Oaxaca goodieā€™s

20 Likes

So what do you with that? Do you simply pick the leaves out and smoke whatā€™s left? Those Oaxaca are so crazy looking. Very interesting.

@TexasTea Oaxaca is nice looking though. Nice buds for sure. Either way Iā€™d smoke both. Iā€™m not picky. Lol

4 Likes

Pretty much. Some get many more " pearls:. This is Old Silversides. She gets lots of them.

@Greenfingers I hope she smokes good for you!

18 Likes

Your Old Silversides is a nice looking Oaxaca. Like a stick with calyxes all along it.

3 Likes