The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Truly! No way a regular Joe would look at those and say "Oh yeah, those plants are related. " :rofl:

3 Likes

Stem rub on the arachno is eucalyptus mixed with my grandfather’s bathroom 25 years ago. Aftershave? Old Spice? It’s nostalgic.

12 Likes

The Silversides phenos are crazy plants. In three weeks Miss Arachno will look so different. All those side shoots are extending and filling in. Craziest sativas I have ever grown. Interesting stem rub description you gave.
Tripod is a real looker as well. Looks like that one isn’t a pearl pheno.
@Elchischas Here’s a photo of a peshawar next to a Thai plant. At least i’m pretty sure😁

And Colombian Black

16 Likes

Mine bursted into flowering about 6 weeks ago. They are looking like 9-11 weekers easily. Terp bombs. I love them and will grow them again. The Chocolate Rain improved on the Amnesia Haze in the terps department. Let´s see if the Chocolate Rain’s high, which I experienced several times in the late 2000s/early 2010s and found to be a bit adhd inducing, settles down a bit with the AH influence.

The sister plant, Raspberry Truffle (Santa Maria x Chocolate Rain) aka is huge, christmas tree like, and yields massively without the grower having to have a Phd in these sorts of things :smile:

Chocolate Rainy I would say … very much …

14 Likes

Is that some Super-cropping I’m seeing inside that Plant @HeadyBearAdventures ?
(Red String/Wire on 3 branches, pic #2)
She looks amazing ! And yes I zoomed, nice work !

3 Likes

Thanks @MissinBissin !
All the training is LST and yes, bonsai wire. I pointed all of the vertical branches horizontally, in a circle around the plant.

The red are the LST clips in using for the bend, and as an anchor for the wire

12 Likes

wonderful stuff, for a Weed !
Heres to a Wild Grow.
Question…
Do you do your Bending in the Morning or Evenings…

For some crazy reason I act really decisively in the morning and can be ruthless then lol

I had to ask. Beautiful work @HeadyBearAdventures

7 Likes

So this might be Oaxacan. I remember having a labeling mishap in the very beginning of this run way to long ago lol. Here’s Oaxacan x red snake bud taken with decent camera.

21 Likes

Speed up everything, germination, growth, flowering

6 Likes

Whaaa that’s impressive.

Since I grew the Oxacan choc rain…it got me interested in the Choc Rain.

Amnesia Haze I’m well familiar with…and then to find the Escobar repro…

Another month here on the mountain we are into the dry season…and heaps of sun for them.

P J

5 Likes

HBA

That’s an incredibly beautiful plant …and those pearl like buds. Whaaa.

Great fotos…well done amigo.

Thanks for posting.
Some great grows and pics on show on the thread …keep it up guys

P J

2 Likes

Hermosa…smashing job

Beautiful cola on the second last foto.
P J

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting article that touches on some of the benefits, allegedly contains many known and uncharacterized plant growth regulators (PGRs or phytohormones) - potentially viable alternative to commercial fertilizer and can be used to help with rooting new clones/propagation:

may be somewhat of an advertorial but interesting info that can be investigated further through references:

*International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064 Index Copernicus Value (2015): 78.96 | Impact Factor (2015): 6.391

**A. Baque, Y. Shin, T. Elshmari , E. Lee, K. Paek, Effect of light quality, sucrose and coconut water concentration on the microporpagation of Calanthe hybrids (‘Bukduseong’ × ‘Hyesung’ and ‘Chunkwang’ × ‘Hyesung’) Md. Australian Journal of Crop Science

***Yong, Jean & Ge, Liya & Tan, Swee. (2011). THE COMPOSITION OF PLANT GROWTH REGULATORS IN COCONUT (COCOS NUCIFERA L.) WATER. 38th Plant Growth Regulation Society of America (2011) annual conference, At Chicago, USA.

****R. M Roldan (1995) Liquid fertilizer formulated from coconut water: its effect on the growth and yield of pechay and on soil properties, Centro Escolar Univ., Manila, Philippines…

*****J.N. Buah and P. Agu-Asare, 2014. Coconut Water from Fresh and Dry Fruits as an Alternative to BAP in the in vitro Culture of Dwarf Cavendish Banana. Journal of Biological Sciences, 14: 521-526.

******O. A. Ibironke (2017) Response of Selected Ornamentals to Rooting Hormone in Different Propagating Media, Department of Crop, Soil and Pest Management, the Federal University of Technology, P.M.B 704 Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria.

10 Likes

Thank you! I’m in love with both of them; can’t wait to see the tripod pheno flowers… still not declared sex, but it’s too beautiful to be a male!
Flowers should be visible by the weekend of its anything like it’s siblings.

4 Likes

@GREANDAL are you starting those soon? Looks great!

2 Likes

That 2nd photo looks like a Peshawar, first photo looks like Oaxaca.

1 Like

First photos are Peshawar Afghani and second is Oaxacan x red snake lol

2 Likes

Oh I know… I just mean the resemblance is striking

2 Likes

It looks more nld type the Afghani lol

3 Likes

Lol idk really I just know what package said but there was a seed mishap so could have been mislabeled.

3 Likes