The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

That’s great news! Mine stretched like 3 1/2 times. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

1971 Panama
I’m not sure what to think. 2 different phenos or males(5) and females(4)?
Pretty fat leaves. I’ve been thinking for some time now that Panama is a Displaced Afghani or Pakistani or some sort, at least in part. I wonder, due to the different cannabinoids that are typically only found in South Asia.
Could this be in part a tropical Afghan/Pakistan Saitiva such as Ilaqai Nasal or Peshawar?

11 Likes

My plants are cycling water faster right now. I have been watering every other day, and they could have waited but I decided to water them again today.

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan is looking robust. She’s probably about done stretching and starting to flower.

21 Likes

this would be the famous colombian gold?

1 Like

Pill bugs? Makes sense they’d work. I always see them around organic matter/ compost/ rotted wood.

4 Likes

Oooh, looks like you got the most manageable Oaxaca pheno…so far, at least. They can surprise you and turn into crazy looking plants though, and you’ll have your answer soon, but I think it’s the compact pheno. How far along flower is it? The stretch is between weeks 5 and 10 roughly.
The crazy plants start off looking like that in early flower, and then all interior buds extend away from the main branches and become long secondary branches with buds at the tip only, and finally little shoots fill in everywhere.

8 Likes

No different area….

Colombian Gold is a classic landrace sativa that originated in the Santa Marta mountains of Colombia.

P J

10 Likes

This is a pretty big plant, at least for my little closet. I decided to roll the dice and not top her and not keep her in a smaller pot for the first weeks of flower, and so she is going crazy, hehe. I moved her to the front so she can get taller. I would guess we are at week four.

10 Likes

Dont use to much chicken manure,when in flower…it’s got lots of Nitrogen so can get pretty Hot.

Great for vegging plants though.

Nice fotos HP420…looking good

P J

3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but if I understand correctly, does Colombia have 2 landrace?

2 Likes

More than that, then you have heirlooms etc

It’s to complex a question for me as I am pretty sure there are landraces in Colombia and The other South American countries
,nor found yet.

You should do a wee bit of re search on the internet, loads of info…and of course here on OG

I f you go back on this thread there are tons of topics on landraces.

Welcome to O G

7 Likes

Punto Rojo, Colombian Black, Santa Marta Colombian Gold, Corinto, and likely un named others used to exist. Colombian Red may be a lowlands version of the Punto Rojo found in the highlands.
@Panamajock am I forgetting any?

Up til the halfway point it’s OK. Takes 4 waterings to get worked into the soil and then lasts around 4-6 weeks @a teaspoon per 3 inches of pot diameter, topdressed.

6 Likes

Thats cool I understand. Let me clarify I meant someone on here is using rolie pollies maybe it was @HeadyBearAdventures :thinking: was using the rollie pollies to compost their top dressing cause they don’t need the wet like worms do.
As to feeding long flowers using a organic fert is probably better choice as to not so much salt build up?

2 Likes

You’re thinking of @Rogue I believe

2 Likes

@deeez99

Red Snake Male 30 days from flip

13 Likes

Ok thanks sorry so many members so little memory.

5 Likes

Nice Colombian link, but the article failed to mention the influence of American pharmaceutical companies on the early 1900’s Colombian ganja scene. This is when South East Asian genetics were imported to Colombia for the first time by Parke-Davis. The only info i ever found on the source said Borneo genetics were used. Southeast Asian Strains were brought to Columbia in the sixties and seventies too, no doubt. Info about that will be found in books about BOEL and other surfer smugglers @dingys.
Sorry for the repeat info…it’s a looong thread and takes a loooong time to find the info you seek sometimes

4 Likes

Don’t forget Limon Verde and Mango Biche. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

5 Likes

@Upstate , so many articles, theories, good information, and a lot of dis-information. On Colombian weed, Brazilian weed as well…all along the Andes

It’s to complex…and geography has a lot to do with it as well…
Fascinates me the history and theory of Cannabis.

But to be perfectly honest with you…I do hit a lot of dead ends on my research.

The future for weed in Colombia I don’t know…but it could have been a herb to pull the Colombian Campasinos out of poverty.

Big Pharma involvement and bribes to government politicians will fuck it all up eventually.

Ps …there is more…I know one is the Choco weed from the Choco region which spreads up to Jacque in Panama ( a other jungle weed

The corruption in that beautiful country is unbelievable.

P J

9 Likes

6 Likes