To the Pros - please help me with my growroom design! Sealed vs Vented

Yes blowout. I can work something like that too. I have to put in a false wire ceiling and installation and works pretty good

The colder weather of winter seems to keep the humidity down. I’ve been growing using just clones, no seeds so I’ve had to keep going all year every year.

But at the moment I’m taking a short break Because I have a house inspection coming up.I’ve ordered some seeds for when I start up again in a couple of months.
It will still be cold and I will have to battle with the forces to protect my grow room

I have the opposite problem. I struggle to keep the RH up, lol. Yet another reason that I like to have a bunch of plants in flower during the dry winter months. You’d be surprised how much a bunch of buds can raise the humidity.

2 Likes

Sure, but it’s worse in summer

1 Like

I’m like 15-20% RH year round unless its raining.
:frowning:

even in the basement? Brutal. Mine’s like 80-95%

Agreed- for a 5x5 - keep it simple. Using co2 requires more heat - remember that.

I’ve run a 5x5 with an enclosed “lung room.” More recently I’ve I run active exhaust/intake in that lung room using simple window fans.

The results have been much better IMO.

1. Simple is better
  2. Active intake/exhaust is the way to go for a small grow
  3. Co2 does best when temps are north of 80-degrees
2 Likes

Of course, it always depends on every grow rooms individual circumstances. I Live in the area with lots of trees. I would think, With regards to CO2 it’s best for me to grow at night. At night, the trees are producing CO2 and they’re not competing for CO2. Therefore, more CO2 from my plants

I would probably rather deal with low humidity, than high humidity. I guess you’re always correcting/Modifying things in the grow room. But it’s great we’ve got the site where We can pitch in and solve each other’s problems and learn from it

1 Like

It’s good to know how many appliances are plugged into each circuit it Will help you avoid burning your house down

I used to go to the fuse box and turn one circuit off at the time. then I would walk around the house and plug a desktop lamp into the different power outlets, so I could identify the different circuits and make sure I wasn’t overloading any of them

1 Like

Thanks, do you vent the inner room straight out, or inner into outer and outer to outside? Does it matter?

Both - Inner to outer + outer to outside.