TPS Nutrients

It’s an excel sheet I made:

6 Likes

ahhh gotcha. I thought it was taken from water measurement. Cool either way. Love you analysis. Well done.

GR

2 Likes

TPS One is also sold in a kit that includes their Signal and Canopy Boost products. Signal is made up mostly of K, Mg, and S and is used during flower. Canopy Boost is based on Magnesium Fulvate and is a foliar spray to be used in veg. They also recommend a source of Si, like their Silica Gold. Use of those products would definitely help with Mg & S.

I’m not totally sold on TPS One (or many single bottle nutes) because they have to make choices to ensure improper chemical compounds won’t form in the bottle that will cause issues for the plant.

That’s why I started using their Component Kit, which contains:
Part A
Part B
Silica Gold
CalMag OAC
N-Primer
Canopy Boost
Root Boost
Bloom
Signal

Link to labels: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0549/4669/3369/files/Component_Kit_Labels.pdf

It’s a bit more fiddly when mixing, but it’s also a bit more customizable if needing to boost/lower particular nutrients.

2 Likes

TPS Nutrients confirmed Mo is included in TPS One, Part B, and in both CalMag OAC & CalMag Complete products. However, the level is very low and is not specifically called out on the label. So while it’s technically a non-zero value, they didn’t initially provide the level. I’m following up with them to see if they can provide more detail around it.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic! It’s very apparently part of a multi-component kit (or if not, should be)… which is why I sorta hate the marketing around their “One” product.

Revolutionary.

All you need.

Powerful harvests.

Everything needed.

One easy to use bottle.

:roll_eyes: :grimacing:

3 Likes

Haven’t checked into these guys in a while, though I did pick up some of their cal-mag since it’s basically the only one around that doesn’t deliver the cal through nitrate. Helps that it’s organic too, which presumably is how they do it. When I first started talking to them they were also trying to test out an organic AIO, and I was about to test for them until COVID hit and their organizational skills went to hell in a handbasket. I guess it didn’t work, since it’s no longer mentioned anywhere on their website. :frowning: It sounded like they were trying to make it hydro-compatible, probably why it didn’t work. We’d gotten as far as the consultation and he’d offered 50% off the product during their testing phase, then told me he’d get back to me once it was actually available to ship and here we are 3 years later. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

So the Mo level in TPS One comes out to 1/25 the amount of Cu/B. In their Part B and CalMags it’s a bit lower in each product to account for mixing the components.

1 Like

Honestly that’s how I found them. They had one of two CalMag products I found that didn’t use nitrates. The other was Roots Organics, but TPS includes more trace minerals in their CalMag products.

Not surprising some of their research dried up or didn’t turn out well when covid hit. They probably got hit with supply chain issues in addition to everything else. I wonder if they shelved it completely or if they’ll resurrect it if/when supply chain issues get fully back to normal.

4 Likes

I have had no problems getting TPS1 Blue. Every time I order 2.5 gallons it shows up on the door step 4 days later… Love this stuff!

TPS1 & Octo’s for life!

GR

1 Like

So not that it makes tons of difference, but I just noticed it appears you swapped the NO3-/NH4+ numbers when you plugged them into your software/spreadsheet. The ratio should be like 70/30 NO3-/NH4+ which is a better ratio, but still a lot of ammoniacal N depending on the medium.

I was plugging the bottle values for the TPS Component system into Hydrobuddy and noticed the N ratio is like 67/33 NO3-/NH4+ using the Coco/Peat feed schedule for late Veg, plus the micronutrients seem crazy low.

I’ve been having struggles with my combination of TPS nutes, RO, and Promix HP. I changed methods of buffering my RO a couple times based on TPS recommending buffering RO water before adding nutes. I tried allowing the fertigation pH to drift both higher into soil range and lower into coco range. The only thing I succeeded in doing was killing leaves and slowing growth.

So I changed to Jacks RO blend. I’m already seeing a positive difference in my plants—they’re definitely looking happier after only about a week.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can’t seem to edit that post so here’s the corrected screenshot (sorry it’s tough to read on mobile, I have this blasting me in the face on a 34" monitor and the GUI is sized for 1440p):

2 Likes

It doesn’t make much difference overall, but it helps paint a clearer picture against your Jacks 321 numbers. The nitrate to ammonium ratio doesn’t change that it’s heavy on P and really light on other things like S & pretty much all the other micronutrients as you mentioned.

Feels like they assume the use of a bagged soil where micronutrients are coming from other sources, even though they advertise it for any growing style (hydro & soilless inclusive). And now that I’m re-reading that, they always mention Fox Farms Ocean Forest as a recommendation…so they might be working with that as a baseline. Hmmm.

2 Likes

I want to try TPS ONE, Signal and Silica when I set up my indoor.
I also want to try the Foop line.

Had anyone tried out the TPS billions?

1 Like

Yes, I originally bought 8oz for cloning, but made too much froth in the cloner. I use it for plain feed water, along w Hydroguard, GH Rapid Root and cal-mag pro. I keep a 5 gall bucket bubbling so it’s always ready to use. It was DEFINITELY helpful in too much root trimming for bonsais mom and recovery growth and cuttings getting started. So I’ve made it part of my regular waterings for all and got a lb recently. I add 2.5 ml every gall topped off. I’m definitely interested in exploring more TPS products :+1:Even have some saved in my Amazon cart to try out later

2 Likes

Ive got it saved in my amazon shopping list if I ever get my indoor set up. I want to try TPS ONE, signal and silica gold
I also want to run the foop line.
I just posted the same thing 4 days ago. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve also just got the foop sweetener. Haven’t opened it yet since I’m finishing Humboldt Secret. Seems more complex in sugars

1 Like

I used greenleafs Sweet Candy dry last outdoor. Great shit man.