Trials & Tribulations of Creating & Expanding My Own Personal Seed Stash

Morning @TrichomesToStun . Somebody on here was talking about stuff going off at just under 14 hours. I’ve thought about messing with light schedules, but it’s adding another variable I don’t need.

1 Like

Good morning @crownpoodle.

Man, I wish I had been on this forum and read about it before I had tried that.

After your comment, I took a few min doing a search here and read that it’s entirely possible. I didn’t read a lot into one, since I was more skimming, but it looks like a grower did a whole flowering run at 14/10 :exploding_head:

Another lesson learned I won’t be doing that again. I’ll end up going straight from 18/6 to 12/12 here on i’m sure. I guess I can feel better, since all that was puzzling to me, not knowing if I kept the right pheno… all the above really. Fresh smoke, sooner than later, is a plus!

2 Likes

I have another short Veg tent update. I had almost forgot.

In the group Pic #3 in the half gallon still needs to be chopped down. I kept the Paw Paw female and the male I liked most. It was one I was watching from the beginning and really hoping it to be female.

In front of the half gallons, in the nursery cups, are the WARDAWGS. They’re starting to move along and have a really nice color to them. I over watered one of them but not so much that it wanted to limp over. There is a close up of one of the WarDawgs in there as well. Really nice musky cologne stemrub on all of them!

Annnd the forum compressed first two images this time. I dunno how to fix it to be honest…

2 Likes

Garden Of Dreams - Forbidden Fruit x Mike Larry - Day 43 from 12/12

Thanks for stopping by.

5 Likes

Well… today is one of those “I couldn’t be more happy to be wrong” kinda moments.

Before chopping any of the plants previously, I topped them, put the tops in individually marked solos and then put those in the flower tent. Doing that verified what I was seeing with my tired eyes. I “identified” 3 as being male. All the cups in the flower tent showed more clearly within a few days except #3… I said f’ it, if I’m going to chop it down, lets try putting the whole plant in there. Well… three days later and she’s got pistils.

Good news is that I have one more female than I had. I’m 110% sure the others were male before chopping them. I do feel a fool about #3 but I’m happy I kept it around AND double triple checked. That helps things quite a bit for next run! So now I have two females and an absolutely GNARLY smelling male.

2 Likes

Counting down the days now. I’m not too concerned with pulling this run at the exact time. I went 70 days last time and it had a pretty heavy body load. The smells in the tent are pretty epic and my carbon filter in undoubtedly working over time. Right now I’m at day 47 from 12/12 and 54 from 14/10… silly mistakes. The changes from four days ago and today are pretty dramatic so we’ll see what the next four days have ahead.

I won’t have any veg updates for a little while. I do have some stuff ready to move into the flower tent, which is why I’m not too concerned with the timing of the Garden of Dreams. Once my Paw Paw are transplanted into the flower tent, I still have to veg them out enough to fill the screen. Plus possibly two newcomers… I’m REALLY hoping to get those in, and no they’re not the WarDawgs, those are stillll trucking along lol.

2 Likes

Some day 49 shots. Maybe one or two more of these and I’ll finish this run with a final picture update. This part is exciting and things are more photogenic now.

I made mistake this go, but I can’t remember a time where everything went absolutely perfect. I learn every single time.

Next round might be more of a challenge. If I only have opportunity for the two Paw Paw it will require a LONG veg and that puts a pinch on weather I have herbs to last. I’m not a big fan when that happens. I have two clones going now and I’m going to do my very best to get them caught up to the Paw Paw without a HUGE variance in size.

4 Likes